The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Inactivity creating a lack of trust for fans (?)

Rate this topic

PetterssonOrPeterson

On 11/29/2021 at 8:07 AM, erkayloomeh said:

Why is it that 95% of people on this board think greens not a good coach but much of the media support the idea green is a good coach?

Rebuild makes no sense to me at this point.

I've never liked green as a coach. I just haven't been able to figure out whats wrong with me when the people who are in high up positions don't agree with me on green. 

I wonder the same , is it because we watch every single game and know our teams week points whereas the media only watches highlights and analytics? Maybe we just know what they don’t.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

I wonder the same , is it because we watch every single game and know our teams week points whereas the media only watches highlights and analytics? Maybe we just know what they don’t.

Analytics definitely do not paint Green in a positive light lmao

On 11/29/2021 at 5:51 AM, GB5 said:

I am committed to inactivity myself in that I will still support the team from my home but will not spend any money on them.

This means no going to games or purchasing merchandise.

To the Aquilini's money talks so if fans resist filling their pockets with cash maybe they will get the point. As long as revenue keeps flowing in then inactivity will continue.

That is what I have been saying for a long time now. Dont attend games, or buy mechandise and hit Aquaman where it hurts. He will then either make changes or sell the team.

On 11/29/2021 at 6:13 AM, Sweathog said:

They have to get rid of Green now and see how this team responds with a more experienced coach.

Take it one step at a time. If replacing the coach doesn't help, then it's time to look at making roster changes, and perhaps getting rid of Benning.

Benning is gone either way unless aquaman likes losing.

On 11/29/2021 at 2:11 PM, wallstreetamigo said:

Weisbrod has been positioning himself from day 1 to take over as GM IMO. 

Weisbrod is even worse than Benning if he were a GM. Like Dumb and dumber with Weisbrod being the dumber one. I still cant forget how he created the mess in offersheet signing when he was with Flames.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:27 PM, combover said:

Mellanby would be an interesting choice defiantly worth a call.  

I’d pass on Gillis. I just don’t think it would be a good fit anymore history/baggage it would be a tough sell. 

No I don't like Mellanby... another newbie GM and would probably be another puppet like Benning. Get a real experienced GM and a president to run this team. Not just changing for a lateral move just to appease the fanbase.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

If that's so then that's pretty poor.  It's there job to know. 

The team is poorly run from the top down. That should be clear to anyone watching. They have no identity whatsoever.

They can barely skate the puck up ice without losing it to the opposition in the neutral zone.

Most of the players couldn’t thread a pass to save their lives. Very few of the players outside of Luke Schenn show any sort of pushback or physicality. 

The Canucks are essentially a rudderless ship heading out into the open ocean with no way to get back. No purpose or drive. The only thing that is truly consistent from this team are the post game excuses that ring progressively more hollow with each lifeless game. 

The team has some excellent players on the roster. Demko and Hughes are the two pieces that the team should be built around going forward. The team also needs real leaders who'll stand up for the team and put them on their backs. It can’t just be Horvat and Miller. 

Relieving Benning, Green, and the assortment of people below them (keeping only Clark and Shaw) is essential to moving forward. Hopefully the Aquilini family sees how poorly this team has done under Francesco, and removes him from his position. 

The boos and chants were inevitable. The jersey toss, a shortsighted action. That being said, Canucks fans have endured enough losing throughout the team’s lifespan. Staying the course will mean not only will the team lose more games, but they’ll lose quite a few fans as well. 

• Cheers 1