The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2022 WJHC Thread

Rate this topic

HKSR

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

TBH, I was a bit surprised that the tournament went ahead in the first place....

With all the cancellations that preceded it (NHL at the Olys, Women's U-18, Spengler Cup) I half expected the IIHF to pull the plug on this one too. Once they got started, I was hoping they could finish, but it looks like both the IIHF and I were being overly optimistic....:(

You would thing all those cancellations would be a hint but nooooo, and if not at least a challenge to put all teams in a bubble and tighten the ship, but its Alberta, Im sure not many people are surprised how this was handled. U18 Womens championship cancelled in Manitoba and all tournaments cancelled in BC

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

You would thing all those cancellations would be a hint but nooooo, and if not at least a challenge to put all teams in a bubble and tighten the ship, but its Alberta, Im sure not many people are surprised how this was handled. U18 Womens championship cancelled in Manitoba and all tournaments cancelled in BC

I wonder how the responsibility was shared........did Alberta health determine the protocol?  Hockey Canada?  IiHF?

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Too bad they couldn't get universal agreement to.send all the juniors to represent at the Olympics 

I would have been cool with that decision.

What an exciting time that would have been. 

It's too bad this has happened, there is always so much Buzz around this tournament and it's great to watch with family and friends! 

2 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

This is a joke. They could have done a bubble format or taxi squads. Delayed a bit. Whatever.

Or just not over reacted over asymptomatic runny noses.

The iihf is a Joke and I hope the nhl follows the NFLs lead

this feels like another one of "those" accounts

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

this feels like another one of "those" accounts

Lol we have gone back and forth on this before. I'm not a denier buy how can you not think these reactions are crazy? It's OK to question the powers that be than blindly obeying.

Anyway ignore me all you want. I'm here to follow my Canucks but unfortunately covid is everywhere and it's all anyone can talk about, myself included.

Cheers!

29 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

So assuming the IIHF were to "resume" the tournament at a later date, the current records achieved to date are likely to remain and the games that were played would likely still be counted - but will they revisit the "forfeits"?  ie. let the teams that ended up with "1-0" forfeited game losses to instead play them out as if they were postponed?

I think you got to let them play.  Makes more sense for both hockey and dollars.

2 other issues that need addressing 

1- rosters must remain as set already. No late additions if the tournament restarts

2 - any player age eligible as of the tournament opening gets to continue ( no age outs )

Otherwise they need to Completely scrap games played and start fresh 

31 minutes ago, iwtl said:

2 other issues that need addressing 

1- rosters must remain as set already. No late additions if the tournament restarts

2 - any player age eligible as of the tournament opening gets to continue ( no age outs )

Otherwise they need to Completely scrap games played and start fresh 

You need to account for injuries.