The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2022 WJHC Thread

Rate this topic

HKSR

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Oh man, that sucks. 

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

That's slimy.  I'd consider a chargeback and see if they change their tune.

It sucks, but I was aware of the no refund policy when purchasing. I just didn't anticipate a full on cancellation.

TSN isn't the worst player in this, that would be the IIHF. But going forward I can't justify paying for a service that isn't guaranteed.

Eventually I hope people that have been advocating for all these lockdowns the past few years will see what is happening.  Enjoy the new normal everybody. It’s time to take back our country  from the health units. Having people restrict our lives isn’t living at all. 
haven’t seen a real pandemic yet. All those statistics about COVID deaths and constant news media fear mongering I don’t trust nor believe. We know that health compromised people die of the Flu every year and it’s sad. But we can’t stop society 

• Wat 2
  • RoughGame 4

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

This might be the worst planning of a tournament I've ever seen.

It was all preventable too. The NHL bubble worked. So did Women’s worlds. There was fewer or no cases of COVID and they managed to complete a shortened season and full tournament. Why the hell the Alberta government, provincial health officials, the IIHF and all involved in planning this tournament didn’t think gee maybe we should have a bubble because it’s worked before is beyond me. The answer was staring them right in the face to avoid this disaster. Now all of them look stupid.

It’s really too bad, I feel for all those young guys giving their all to try to accomplish their dreams. Especially our Canadian team. &^@# COVID.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It sucks, but I was aware of the no refund policy when purchasing. I just didn't anticipate a full on cancellation.

TSN isn't the worst player in this, that would be the IIHF. But going forward I can't justify paying for a service that isn't guaranteed.

I am sure they will show the replay of the Austria vs Canada game 15 times this week, for your viewing pleasure.  

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

TSN isn't getting my money next year if this is all it takes to shut down the whole thing.

This is beyond pathetic.

I signed up for a month subscription just for the World Jrs. Asking for a partial prorated refund but not holding out hope. 

Just now, Master Mind said:

I bought the same thing. I don't expect them to give anything back, but would be a nice surprise if they did.

They full on say No Refunds. But I went with the 'every Bell product will never get a dime out of me again.' full Karan complaint. We'll see...lol

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

My man isn’t the channel $3 for a month? I don’t know if that’s worth getting upset over, sometimes stuff just happens.

I just feel bad for all those people that believed and trusted the Health Leaders and got vaccinated and thought they would enjoy life normal again. Vaccinated people are getting sick. And now you need a new shot and you are being shut down again back where you started. So sorry 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 4

2 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

My man isn’t the channel $3 for a month? I don’t know if that’s worth getting upset over, sometimes stuff just happens.

It is over $20 a month for online sub if you don't have cable. Many people these days don't. Cable is useless to me beyond hockey. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

Was $20 for me.

Not the end of the world, but it's frustrating to be out that money in addition to seeing how this tournament was handled.

Edited by Master Mind
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I bought the same thing. I don't expect them to give anything back, but would be a nice surprise if they did.

8 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

They full on say No Refunds. But I went with the 'every Bell product will never get a dime out of me again.' full Karan complaint. We'll see...lol

Definitely don't send me a PM next year.  I definitely don't have a solution for you.:ph34r:

• Cheers 1