The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2022 WJHC Thread

Rate this topic

HKSR

TBH, I was a bit surprised that the tournament went ahead in the first place....

With all the cancellations that preceded it (NHL at the Olys, Women's U-18, Spengler Cup) I half expected the IIHF to pull the plug on this one too. Once they got started, I was hoping they could finish, but it looks like both the IIHF and I were being overly optimistic....:(

Just now, DeNiro said:

If they were determined to save costs and cut health and safety measures, they might as well not even had the tournament.

What a waste of time for everyone involved.

But then they couldn't have flown players from across the world to stay in a hotel room away from their families on Christmas. You don't see the fun in that?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

But then they couldn't have flown players from across the world to stay in a hotel room away from their families on Christmas. You don't see the fun in that?

I feel for the players.

For some guys this was their last chance to represent their countries. For others it was a real chance to boost their draft profile.

And yea being away from your family for the holidays for nothing just sucks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I would figure someone named after a South Park character would be able to take a joke.

Its not even a good joke. Its stolen from American jokes about the south and doesn't really fit for Albertans. But that's not the problem. If you haven't noticed the USA is veering towards violence between its two political wings, which pretty much boils down to rural culture vs urban culture. That's all on the back of social media bull$&!# that is warping everyone's minds. And we are heading that way here too. Adding any fuel to those sorts of fires seems pretty irresponsible.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, stawns said:

That was a major cheap shot, he'll be gone for the next game, at least.

Wouldn't mind having a player that the opposition has to take notice of when he's on the ice. Loof was running Nemec all game I think he had at least 3 good licks on Nemec alone prior to the hit.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Just when I thought 2021 was done with be, this happens.

It will happen forever, for eternity, if a few postive tests is enough to cancel events, life, business. Protect the vulnerable. The rest of us should forge on. And why in frak are the gyms closed here in BC. My gym, and eight others that I am in contact with have had no Covid cases in a year and a half. None. Why the F are they closed. 

Edited by rekker
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is not living with Covid. This is ridiculous. Do we even know how sick the postive tested kids are? They could have the sniffles and the whole thing is cancelled? Not enough facts coupled with power hungry politicians and figure heads are ruining society. I am pissed. I'm tired of it. Protect the vulnerable. The rest of us forge on. 

1 hour ago, butters said:

Its not even a good joke. Its stolen from American jokes about the south and doesn't really fit for Albertans. But that's not the problem. If you haven't noticed the USA is veering towards violence between its two political wings, which pretty much boils down to rural culture vs urban culture. That's all on the back of social media bull$&!# that is warping everyone's minds. And we are heading that way here too. Adding any fuel to those sorts of fires seems pretty irresponsible.

I guess you've never heard of the western alienation bs spewed out of AB.