The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hrs the boss, if he wants to have a say, have at it.  There's 31 other teams to cheer for if it bothers people that much.  

If I were shelling out billions of dollars, yiu can bet I'd be involved too

If you were shelling out billions of dollars, I'd hope you'd get some spelling lessons. 

23 minutes ago, D-Money said:

The problem with that O-zone stat is that it can be heavily weighted by how much time a team is on the powerplay.

The Canucks lead the league in powerplay opportunities, by a fairly wide margin. (Canucks have had 83, 2nd Avs with 77, 3rd 72, average is 64.) And their PP% is low, so the amount of time they have spent with an extra man on the ice more than anyone else is significant. That's a lot of "easy" O-zone time.

The more telling stat there is how few quality offensive chances they are generating with all of that O-zone time. 

Oh for sure...I posted that with a grain of salt.

But I'm honestly tired of hearing "garbage" used to describe our team.  They've struggled for sure and it hasn't been good.  But it hasn't been all bad and they're not "garbage".   

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

But I'm honestly tired of hearing "garbage" used to describe our team.  They've struggled for sure and it hasn't been good.  But it hasn't been all bad and they're not "garbage".   

I'd argue that if it weren't for the pk, they'd be in the playoff hunt.

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

They aren't struggling. They are exhausted by this coaching staff. When JT yells out in the middle of practice on year 5 of the coach "we don't know WTF you want us to do" the writing is on the wall. 

They win in spite of Green. 

3 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

They aren't struggling. They are exhausted by this coaching staff. When JT yells out in the middle of practice on year 5 of the coach "we don't know WTF you want us to do" the writing is on the wall. 

Not withstanding your point about Green but…
I believe it was Drance that posted that and he has already had to retract it when called out by JT for it being wrong and taken totally out of context.

8 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

They should definitely change the coach before making any major trades. Or any trades. A new set of eyes would be wise.

Lockwood should be in this lineup. Soon ! 

Motte has made an enormous difference to special teams. Lockwood is a Motte in the making. 

Edited by appleboy
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

Any player who does that should be moved out immediately

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

They should definitely change the coach before making any major trades. Or any trades. A new set of eyes would be wise.

Lockwood should be in this lineup. Soon ! 

If Benning is indeed being handcuffed with not being able to make any trades than he sure as hell won’t be able to fire and hire another coach. Only scenario I can see is Green being canned and Shaw being given the interim tag. 

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

If Benning is indeed being handcuffed with not being able to make any trades than he sure as hell won’t be able to fire and hire another coach. Only scenario I can see is Green being canned and Shaw being given the interim tag. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for any of those outcomes, and I doubt JB has his "hands tied".

26 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Even if you don't think the current team is quite "garbage", I'm sure almost all of us agree it is a fitting descriptor of the accumulation of the past 8 years. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Any player who does that should be moved out immediately

He didn’t do that and he didn’t say it in that context.

“In that moment, it was a new, fun drill we haven’t done before,” said Miller. “When I yelled, ‘We don’t know what we’re doing!’ it’s because I didn’t want us to start the drill when we don’t know what we’re doing. It was more of a funny thing versus our club doesn’t know what we’re doing. That’s not where we’re at as a group.”

“That was a positive day, and then we played one of our best games of the year the next day. We’re trying to build off of that. We’re not down in the dumps here; it’s not as miserable as it looks to everybody else. We’re just trying to move forward here.”

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Pickly said:

That's been the rumor. Supposedly the Aquilini family (not just Francesco) has brought in an outside advisor who's worked with other major league sports teams (my apologies to whom initially mentioned this) to determine the best course of action for the team going forward. As well, there may be a switch of Aquilini at the helm of the team from Francesco to Roberto. 

It would make sense to put a freeze on any major moves right now, until things are figured out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

He didn’t do that and he didn’t say it in that context.

“In that moment, it was a new, fun drill we haven’t done before,” said Miller. “When I yelled, ‘We don’t know what we’re doing!’ it’s because I didn’t want us to start the drill when we don’t know what we’re doing. It was more of a funny thing versus our club doesn’t know what we’re doing. That’s not where we’re at as a group.”

“That was a positive day, and then we played one of our best games of the year the next day. We’re trying to build off of that. We’re not down in the dumps here; it’s not as miserable as it looks to everybody else. We’re just trying to move forward here.”

But he's a locker room cancer, don't ya know?!!

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Pickly said:

We get it. You want JT Miller traded.  

I thought we wanted to JB to get value for players before they leave?  Isn't that what the pitchfork mob complains about the most?

Miller isn't coming back, should they get somety for him then?  His value will never be higher