The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Ottawa Senators | Dec. 01, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Canucks-12 said:

Would like to see Dowling switched with Motte. 

I picked Motte as the first star in the Sens game. Talk about a 200' game. Speed, hands, physical and good in the d-zone and o-zone. I agree with you that Motte should get some 3rd line reps. That said I though Dowling had a decent game. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Putgolzin said:

Love seeing Podkolzin get opportunity further up the line up.

Though I’d rather see Juolevi in that spot than Lammikko.

It was an easy choice to keep Joulevi and send Hunt to minors. Hunt would have cleared and been available for call up. But what do I know 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

It was an easy choice to keep Joulevi and send Hunt to minors. Hunt would have cleared and been available for call up. But what do I know 

Approval of his apparent lack of commitment/conditioning with a starting spot would have been a bad precedent to set IMO. I'm fine with swapping him for a similar RD prospect and 4th line F.

How hard can it be to find a defensive, 3rd pair D to replace him though? IMO, that's where Benning whiffed.

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Approval of his apparent lack of commitment/conditioning with a starting spot would have been a bad precedent to set IMO. I'm fine with swapping him for a similar RD prospect and 4th line F.

How hard can it be to find a defensive, 3rd pair D to replace him though? IMO, that's where Benning whiffed.

Fair enough. Using the pieces right in front of us, that would have made the most sense.

I wonder how Brisebois would have done if not injured. Brad Hunt is just a huge liability out there 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yes.   Like a Jamie Benn.   Not that hard. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canucks-12 said:

Would like to see Dowling switched with Motte. 

I was thinking play Motte with Bo and Garland.

Motte - Horvat - Garland

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser

Pearson - Pettersson - Hoglander

Dowling - Dickinson - Chiasson 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I was thinking play Motte with Bo and Garland.

Motte - Horvat - Garland

Podkolzin - Miller - Boeser

Pearson - Pettersson - Hoglander

Dowling - Dickinson - Chiasson 

Sorry, no can do.

Pretty sure it's written in the Bible that splitting up Bo and Pearson will bring upon the rapture.

e/ although, if you're a proponent of the "scored earth" rebuild...

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 2

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Sorry, no can do.

Pretty sure it's written in the Bible that splitting up Bo and Pearson will bring upon the rapture.

Except Pearson is not a top 6 player anymore.

Motte is producing at the same rate as Pearson in a bottom 6 role. 

Motte, Horvat, and Garland would cause chaos in the offensive zone. Pearson is just killing plays right now.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

Sorry, no can do.

e/ although, if you're a proponent of the "scored earth" rebuild...

Snorting milk hilarious! 

• Huggy Bear 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Proper steels are Tanev, Marky, Schmidt, Stecher and Toffoli. How much in total for those players? 
Scmidt cost a 3rd…

Garland and Miller cost a 1st.

OEL is a long term risk.

Now he is an update on Edler as we was in a desperate need of that. But he isn’t a perfect fit with the core and the upcoming window. Might suit it anyway as it seems every team has an older expensive defence player or two.

More of a desperate sollution because Benning is afraid of losing his job. 
The pk-players Coyotes took over the contracts was only one year.

One year… Ridiculus. 

firstly Markstrom wasn't Markstrom when he arrived, OUR goalie coach got him to where he is.

Tanev is so on the wrong side of 30.. Stech was/is a middling Dman at best.. Toffoli was lost due to covid and no cap.

Miller is worth more than a first, not only all that skill and drive BUT a character player who is a real leader. 

Garland? well obviously he'd a stand out and brings a lot of game. easily worth a 1st... 

OEL is no risk, was played into oblivion and lost his will to try and make a losing team turn the tide and needed a change of scenery to get back to playing on a team where it's being built into competing and is not far off VS Arizona.

and throwing off players we didn't need in return was a no brainer when we had Sutter and Motte for PK made them redundant. 

• Upvote 1