The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Chatfield playing on the Hurricanes right now. Was +2 tonight. Put that in perspective. I see it all the time. All this fire Benning but why can’t we see this team with a new coach. Seems pretty obvious to me. And yes i get the point of wanting a new GM to hand pick the coach. But c’mon let’s see what a new coach can do minimum! 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Luigi has no involvement in the team.

The three brothers own the team. Not sure who told you this but they’re wrong.

When Vito was shot, Sonny took over.  He was the oldest brother.  When Sonny was murdered and Vito retired Michael took over.  This is how Italian families work.  If you think that the two younger brothers are going to dump the older brother and take over the Canucks while Luigi is still alive then you have no clue how Italian families operate.  All of the companies are organized into trusts.  Luigi is still in charge of everything.  

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

PERFECT - FANS MUST CONTINUE TO SHOW DISGUST FOR THIS CIRCUS ACT UNTIL ACTION IS TAKEN.   THE RESULTS ARE UNACCEPTABLE!

To be honest, I'm as frustrated as everyone here. I want nothing more than to see the team be successful. Fans have every right to voice their displeasure, but I have always hated seeing players get boo'd by their own fans and jerseys tossed on the ice...it's just doesn't sit well.

• Cheers 4

Sad to see the team in this state.  Having an opposing player remove a jersey off the ice is embarrassing.

The roster is deficient and the coach is in over his head.  The only way the manager can survive this is if the owner has been calling the shots all along and he knows he’s the main culprit for many wrong decisions.  I don’t know how else Benning deserves to survive this debacle. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When Vito was shot, Sonny took over.  He was the oldest brother.  When Sonny was murdered and Vito retired Michael took over.  This is how Italian families work.  If you think that the two younger brothers are going to dump the older brother and take over the Canucks while Luigi is still alive then you have no clue how Italian families operate.  All of the companies are organized into trusts.  Luigi is still in charge of everything.  

Are you pointing out the Aquilini-Rizzuto multi-generational relationship?  :lol: :bigblush:

• Haha 1

Imagine this: An experienced coach walks into the room for the first time. “You guys ready to turn this around” it would change everything. I’m a firm believer that we have most of the pieces here. Let’s go! What are we waiting for!

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Green will be fired tomorrow.  Benning could go with him.  I'm just speculating but I think this is going to happen...

We would appreciate if you can do more than speculate, take this into your own hands, we’re counting on you.

• Huggy Bear 2

19 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Nonsense. Watch both "penalties". Both pens players dropped like a sack of potatoes when they felt the stick grace their legs 

Even If JT didn't deserve the first one, he was stupid and lazy enough to put the same stick between another player again. And JT is known for his lazy trips. 

19 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Don't forget their faceoff skills and spending 1/2 their shift trying to get it back before dumping it in and leaving for a change, hard to generate offense when you have no face off skills

We should have seen the writing on the wall when Malholtra left for the laffs. No one cares about the Canucks right now. And no one is loyal… what are the reasons? Is Benning just straight up that terrible at management? Green at coaching? The water stinks and there is something in it. 

Sorry my fault, I jinxed the team. I never pick Canucks in my draft. This year I fell for the hype and took Petey in second round, followed by Brock in the third, funny thing is I’m in second place, would be winning if these two knuckle heads would figure it out.

(Also got Demko, Drasitle was a lock for me 2nd overall)