The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

36 minutes ago, danjr said:

Wasn't it 7 minute 5-3 powerplays in back to back games.
It was unheard of before that point.

Exactly. The game it tilted and it has happened way too many times.

Refs look the other way when opponents do the same or more brutal plays against our players, that is endemic.

So when a player gets frustrated when the opponent doesn't get called on it game after game, that leads to broken focus, mistakes, or bad reactions leading to yet another penalty.

Half of nearly every game is tilted by that negative dynamic right there.

I literally count less than a handful games sprinkled through this season so far where the officiating was actually even. 

NHL is regularly setting up our team to lose in at least a third to one half of the games where they could have battled back if the reffing was even.

So the rare fair wins are there to look 'random'.

But it's loud & clear to see to anyone watching the full games, that the NHL is fixed on a slow ruin of the Vancouver Canucks so as to replace them with the KraKKen instead to increase their US market & try to weaken the city economies & working class culture on the Canadian side.

This is the thin edge of the wedge, the NHL has been striving to tear down Canadian hockey teams six ways to Sunday for decades and if they get away with it in Vancouver, they'll go after the other border cities in Canada.

It is so much part of a bigger ploy that I wouldn't be surprised if the booing fans were a bunch of KraKKen plants trying to take our game down for that reason, awfully much coincidental for it to hit this low in the same year that they debut.

This is so clearly the dirty open secret that nobody wants to talk about for fear of getting shut out of the NHL setup.

But I say, the NHL is already hell bent on this, they're already doing it anyway so screw the polite silence.

Drag it out by the hair and make a stink about it on every media because if we're gonna go down then I say we go down as solid fans kicking and screaming for fair competition in the multinational NHL game.

The NHlL execs should be called on the carpet for monopolization tactics against Canada. 

They ought to be in jail for these types of dirty business tricks & they frankly went over the line way too far tonight. The NHL want to screw the game of hockey?

I hope Canada stands up & drags the NHL into court & roasts it until it is either forced to conduct business cleanly or until the NHL bigwigs get kicked out because they do not have the best interests of hockey at heart & never will.

• Wat 3
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Franco...............here are the reason's for penalties

#1.................Lazy players

#2.................bad refs

#3.................opposing teams superior Talent

#4.................Out sized

#5.................Stupid players

#6.................Bad coaching

Which excuse's are you going to use?

That’s a fake tweet.  He hasn’t tweeted since October 28…

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Here’s what is frustrating me the most right now.

I already know ownership won’t choose a proper direction. They’ll keep holding to the hope of playoff revenue and let all of our players values diminish.

Meanwhile we’ll continue to finish in the 5-10 slot position in the draft and not get any better as our players pass their prime or walk for nothing.

We NEED someone to come in with an actual plan. Identify the core you want to build around, sell the rest of our players for picks and prospects and go hard for a top 3 pick in the draft.

The pain doesn’t have to be too bad if they pull the band aid off quick. New management, coach, elite offensive player in the draft, and then trade for a couple legit top 4 defenders.

This team is closer to being a playoff team than a teardown. They need a reset though.

The longer it takes ownership to rip off the bandage the longer we're gonna feel the pain of our reset. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Step down from what?  The entire family owns the team.  The other brothers aren’t involved at all with the Canucks. The only way to get rid of Francesco is for the father to ask that they get someone from outside the family to run the team as a CEO.

Similar to Stan McCammon when he was running the team for John McCaw.

4 minutes ago, -NucksFan said:

Yes, I believe he is just the family ‘ face’ of the team , they all get a say in decisions I believe 

He’s currently the chairman of Canucks Sports and Entertainment.

If he was voted out of that role he would no longer control business decisions regarding the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

It’s tough to watch now, but long term might be for the best.

IMO, Benning is flat out one of the worst GMs in the league, and would never be able to build a true contender. So anything that gets him out of here is a positive in the long run.

JB has had his chance. Time to move on.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1