The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, b3. said:

Yep.

Seems like Aqua has made some good decisions here. Kudos to him for being REALLY patient.

Too Patient IMO !    I said this was a serious mistake hiring these two last year on many ocassions on many threads, as it was obvious then, as it is now, that they were mis-managing this team and driving the franchise into the ground.   Not sure why they had to put us fans and the team through all this agony - but I'M ELATED THE BENNING/GREEN NIGHTMARE IS FINALLY OVER!  Better late than Never!

Edited by RU SERIOUS

29 minutes ago, DSVII said:

image.png.d06c47a254fab554e97d1f5f4f1a12d3.png

Considering Canucks have a ~1% chance of playoffs right now, it's a tall order. But hope Boudreau can show the team what it's like to play with an actual NHL system

We are the 2021 version of the ST Louis blues, fire coach, last in the division, never won a cup, book it lol.

Gotta say tho the 2 RHD out of the former Czech Republic  with Jiricek looking Ike a guy who would be the perfect  partner for Quinn with a booming shot and very good skating 2way guy but Nemec could very well be a better all around version of Makar. 

Hell of a top 10 this year.

• Vintage 1

39 minutes ago, DSVII said:

image.png.d06c47a254fab554e97d1f5f4f1a12d3.png

Considering Canucks have a ~1% chance of playoffs right now, it's a tall order. But hope Boudreau can show the team what it's like to play with an actual NHL system

A winning season is over 500, not necessarily making the playoffs.  

I like to see that.  An entertaining team to watch for the rest of season. Even if they don't make the playoffs, I think it will still be right direction. 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

They’ll be behind the bench tomorrow.

I’m not expecting much the first game. I’d be happier if they all had pre game beers and did some bonding.

The results will probably take a little bit. A lot of bad habits and bonehead strategies to undo.

Agree!  Just think of the Team as what the Abbotsford landscape looks like after the flooding.  That is the legacy that those two clowns left this franchise to deal with.  It will take a bit of time and likely some additional player/personal changes to right this ship but at least there is now hope!

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Anti-Vaxxers are indeed morons and losers.

I haven’t looked into the other link yet. 

I hope you’re not an anti-Vaxxer. We’d certainly have to have a discussion elsewhere about your ‘normalcy’ if you were. 

I haven’t taken the vax because my doctor has told me not to, does that make me a moron? I’ve had covid and have the antibodies. I’m not anti or pro vax, I’m pro freedom of choice. 

You are an unhinged lunitic just like

olberman 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 4

1 minute ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I haven’t taken the vax because my doctor has told me not to, does that make me a moron? I’ve had covid and have the antibodies. I’m not anti or pro vax, I’m pro freedom of choice. 

You are an unhinged lunitic just like

olberman 

Both you and your ‘doctor’ are…what’s the word again?

Unhinged indeed. 

• Cheers 2