The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes but at least they made this change and now it is on the players. If nothing changes it obvious they need to make major changes to the roster. It is anyways but this will only confirm things and the direction they need to go.

I agree this needed to be the first step, I just don't think it will help. Most of the players suck.

1 minute ago, 131313 said:

since they can't stay on their feet or complete a pass  I would say it is on them but I guess we will see.

It’s not accurate that ‘the team’ or ‘they’  couldn’t stay on their feet when they received/made passes. That over generalization was specific to Petey. 

Again, we’ll see what changes. I have more hope today than I’ve had for months. 

27 minutes ago, DSVII said:

image.png.d06c47a254fab554e97d1f5f4f1a12d3.png

Considering Canucks have a ~1% chance of playoffs right now, it's a tall order. But hope Boudreau can show the team what it's like to play with an actual NHL system

Probably takes 96 points to make the playoffs. It means we need to capture 78 out of the remaining 114 points possible. Or winning 39 out of 57 games. Yeah, not too easy. 

4 minutes ago, 131313 said:

I agree this needed to be the first step, I just don't think it will help. Most of the players suck.

You suck. 

*That was Scotch-ish humour by the way. You may not be familiar with it. 

Edited by Sharpshooter

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Wow both Green and Benning are gone. We will see what Boudreau can do with this group. If it is much of the same, names like Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson which were considered untouchables like 3 months ago may have to go too. A clean house, really. A little late, but finally making the right move, good. Performance driven, and this team has sucked for 8 years. 

Hopefully they can get their game in order over the next while as they all have good potential.  If our next GM signals "full rebuild/New identity" - then Horvat will 100% be traded. 

1 hour ago, FlyLow_ said:

Thank &^@#. No more boring hockey. I don't think Boudreau is the answer long term, but at least he coaches entertaining hockey.

I'll sure as sh*t take that right now.

Baumer can go work at Burger King for all I care.

I volunteer to dump him off at city limits.   He's been freeloading off this franchise and his best dinking buddy green for far too long after all the failure he thrust upon this franchise.  Good Ridence!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Francesco Aquilini:

"I am excited to add Bruce Boudreau as our new Head Coach, and Scott as Assistant. Bruce is one of the most experienced coaches in the NHL, with nearly 1,000 games behind the bench and a successful track record working with some of the game's best talent. Scott is a young coach with an excellent reputation who will fit in very well with our group."

I love that they’re bringing in Scotty Walker with him. Loved him when he wore the #24 here 

• Cheers 1