The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, -DLC- said:

Thing is, there are different personalities and Bo's is a subtle, lead by example deal.  He doesn't show a whole lot of emotion but that shouldn't be translated to "I don't care".  This is the guy who gave a little wink in the dot to send his message...that's how he rolls.  

I hope that, with the changes being made, our fans can chill out and quit complaining for awhile.  Focus on cheering the team on rather than tearing them apart?

Lead by example?

He plays like Tanner Pearson now. Two good shifts every game then invisible.

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Thing is, there are different personalities and Bo's is a subtle, lead by example deal.  He doesn't show a whole lot of emotion but that shouldn't be translated to "I don't care".  This is the guy who gave a little wink in the dot to send his message...that's how he rolls.  

I hope that, with the changes being made, our fans can chill out and quit complaining for awhile.  Focus on cheering the team on rather than tearing them apart?

I don't understand how anyone can watch or listen to Bo and think "apathy"? :huh:

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I can't believe how people shift from one negative agenda to another.  It was management and coaching.  The day after that's all taken care of it's already...the captain not showing enough emotion?

Come on, time to coast for awhile and give us all some peace and relief.  Half empty cups get stale....let's have a fresh slate for a bit.  Focus forward and on cheering THIS team on, not our EA NHL version and what we think is the perfect team.

I have been saying Horvat is too Sedin like in terms of being apathetic about losing for years now. He was only an actual emotional captain that played a bit rough and tumble before he got the C really. Since he has changed to a much more perimeter game and an excuse making persona. He is more like Tanner Pearson than Trevor Linden. 

So it’s not a switch to a different agenda because of the coach and GM being fired.

Of course you know this because every time I mention Horvat and his apathetic approach to leadership you respond. So you are the one trying to shift the narrative.

Horvat is a good player. I love him. But he is not the next Linden as a leader like many think. He is the next Henrik Sedin. And clearly this team needs a stronger voice that hates losing. It’s why Miller has been apparently able to step in that role a bit more. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This keeps getting better and better.  First game I've been excited for since the Vegas road trip.

I wonder if he'll split up OEL and Myers? Myers is a beast when he's jumping up but you can't have both of them doing it.

Also very curious what the new PK will look like.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

I wonder if he'll split up OEL and Myers? Myers is a beast when he's jumping up but you can't have both of them doing it.

Also very curious what the new PK will look like.

We don't have a lefty who can cover for Myers if he's jumping into the rush other than OEL.

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

How about this…let’s see what kind of player he is/becomes under new leadership before we categorize him? He  was the captain under a different regime, and had to play the part. Let’s see what happens under Boudreau or even a new GM. Maybe that’s exactly what Bo needs as well. A different voice in his ear.

Let’s hope so. I haven’t given up on him at all. Maybe Boudreau will light a fire in him, who knows. If Boudreau can’t get this team fired up it will be another rebuild soon enough. 

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I can't help but think that this move, although probably necessary, is going to have us go on a run for the playoffs, miss, then end up with the 14th OA pick in a draft with some elite talent at the top (according to 'experts'). That said, if we want to keep Bo and Miller (I think he leaves) this is a step in the right direction

My thoughts exactly. Been thinking and I have my reservations the coaching change will even make a difference. Maybe at first, but I wouldn't be suprised if we still finish bottom five in the NHL. We still don't have grest PK guys on the roster, I don't see EP and BB turning it around till off season. EP needs to get stronger, BB faster. That's what the off sesaon is for. Hamonic doing his thing is still an issue as it has Poolman playing too many minutes. I like the move, getting rid of Green et all, if for nothing else to provide some hope and new direction. I see us still way out of a playoff spot at the deadline, JT being dangled as trade bait and moved for a good return. Drafting top 5. I'm fine if this is how it unfolds. 

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Let’s hope so. I haven’t given up on him at all. Maybe Boudreau will light a fire in him, who knows. If Boudreau can’t get this team fired up it will be another rebuild soon enough. 

It's also very possible that Horvat was playing the game Green wanted him to play as well. It's easy to think it's all on the player, but perhaps it isn't.

• Cheers 1

Just now, The Lock said:

It's also very possible that Horvat was playing the game Green wanted him to play as well. It's easy to think it's all on the player, but perhaps it isn't.

I think it’s likely both. Horvat just isn’t the same player he was early on when he was trying to earn the C. The team could certainly use a more engaged captain. And Horvat himself is a much better overall player when he plays with that bit of an edge too. Hope he gets that back. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1