Question about the coaching staff.  Who does what?:

Bruce Boudreau - head coach

Scott Walker - pk

Jason King - pp

Brad Shaw - d

Kyle Gustafson - ??

Ian Clark - goalie

Darryl Seward - video

Is this correct?  What role does Gustafson have?

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Players (Bieksa included) have said the Vancouver fan base can be………tough sometimes.  
Also, I don’t know many other fan bases who have burned down their city, riot, burn cop cars, etc…….

Gotta say, DB..that plane jump showed some moxie. Hope the letter agencies don't end yer run.

Now as for that 2nd sentence..holy-hyperbole amigo! I was downtown(not rioting) in 94 after the game. After officiating/rulings of that series, we had EVERY right to be mighty p!$$ed!

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Green was so bad that everyone on his roster sucked. That is on him and him only. People continuing to praise Green as a good coach (seriously? The record speaks for itself) is just ignoring reality.

Boudreau with the same roster in one game has impressed most of the fans, whereas Green failed to do so at this point. We won one game recently with Green and there was relief. But there was never the sense of optimism.

I also don't like how Benning/Green didn't talk about their own failings, especially Green. The smug look that Green has in-game or during press conferences really seem undeserving for a coach that has barely proven himself as legitimate. A 50/50 record isn't good.

STRONNNNGLyyy agree, & well-stated!

+10 to Mr Dazzle

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

All this stress for months and months. When all we had to do was change the coach. Go figure. 

Petey sucks. Boeser sucks. Poolman sucks. Myers sucks. Lammikko sucks. Pearson sucks. Horvat sucks. They all suck. Until they get a real coach. Then they don’t suck anymore. Heck even Chiasson looks better. Go figure. 

Green should be arrested for crimes against Canucks fans. What a disgrace he was. Benning must be heartbroken watching his team play the way he felt they could play. This team is an easy playoff team. We all said it before the season started. Now we know for a fact that it is true. We just needed a new coach. 

Let’s hope the new GM recognizes the talent we have and simply makes a few tweaks here and there. Who knows, maybe Smyl and the Sedins can pull off a trade or two. We will see. 

Maybe just maybe the season can be saved. Aquilini needed to act a couple of weeks ago. Should have trusted his own instincts. Even billionaires make mistakes. Let’s see what happens the rest of the year. 

At the very least it is nice to know that we do have a legit playoff team and that we most likely will not have to suffer through another rebuild. 

To get this last 5 mill contract, it's like TG made off like a thief into the darkness.

A shame..I mostly liked JB's drafting - just too many other areas he made poor choices.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Also, I don’t know many other fan bases who have burned down their city, riot, burn cop cars, etc…….

Montreal

https://www.rt.com/sport/527630-montreal-canadiens-nhl-hockey-riots/

And from the hockey news:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/heres-a-list-of-significant-hockey-riots-in-canada

"

Here's a list of significant hockey riots in Canada:

2011: Furious fans run riot in Vancouver after the Canucks lose the Stanley Cup final to the Boston Bruins. Cars and garbage cans were set ablaze, beer bottles were thrown at outdoor viewing screens and broken glass littered the streets.

2010: Looters smashed windows and clashed with police on Montreal's Ste-Catherine St. after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the final game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least 25 people were arrested.

2008: Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed after the Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins to advance to the second round that season's playoffs.

2006: When the Edmonton Oilers clinched the Western Conference title and advanced to the Stanley Cup playoffs, fans began setting fires and looting along Whyte Ave. Police made about 15 arrests and reprimanded hockey lovers for partying irresponsibly. The Oilers went on to lose the final.

1994: Fans disappointed by the Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup final loss to the New York Rangers flooded downtown streets after the deciding match, smashing windows and causing more than a million dollars in damage. Both city police and the RCMP were called in to subdue the crowd believed to number at least 50,000. More than 200 people were injured, the most serious being a teenager who was shot in the head by police with a rubber bullet and suffered permanent brain damage.

1993: Montreal's Stanley Cup victory over the Los Angeles Kings turned ugly when fans began vandalizing stores and setting police cars ablaze. Nearly 170 people were injured and more than 100 were arrested. The violence caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage.

1986 - Some 5,000 jubilant Montreal fans celebrating the Canadiens' Stanely Cup win over the Calgary Flames rampaged through the city's downtown. Officials were so poorly prepared that Quebec courts ruled police criminally negligent.

1955: Violence broke out in the streets of Montreal after star forward Maurice Richard was handed a stiff suspension. Richard broke his stick over a Boston Bruins player and hit a linesmen, causing the NHL to suspend him for all remaining games including potential playoff matches. Habs fans rioted in protest of the ruling, which many interpreted as a prejudicial decision based in part on Richard's francophone heritage. There were roughly 100 arrests and $100,000 worth of property damage during the riot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Just hockey related riots, left out the other sports.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Montreal

https://www.rt.com/sport/527630-montreal-canadiens-nhl-hockey-riots/

And from the hockey news:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/heres-a-list-of-significant-hockey-riots-in-canada

"

Here's a list of significant hockey riots in Canada:

2011: Furious fans run riot in Vancouver after the Canucks lose the Stanley Cup final to the Boston Bruins. Cars and garbage cans were set ablaze, beer bottles were thrown at outdoor viewing screens and broken glass littered the streets.

2010: Looters smashed windows and clashed with police on Montreal's Ste-Catherine St. after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the final game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least 25 people were arrested.

2008: Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed after the Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins to advance to the second round that season's playoffs.

2006: When the Edmonton Oilers clinched the Western Conference title and advanced to the Stanley Cup playoffs, fans began setting fires and looting along Whyte Ave. Police made about 15 arrests and reprimanded hockey lovers for partying irresponsibly. The Oilers went on to lose the final.

1994: Fans disappointed by the Vancouver Canucks Stanley Cup final loss to the New York Rangers flooded downtown streets after the deciding match, smashing windows and causing more than a million dollars in damage. Both city police and the RCMP were called in to subdue the crowd believed to number at least 50,000. More than 200 people were injured, the most serious being a teenager who was shot in the head by police with a rubber bullet and suffered permanent brain damage.

1993: Montreal's Stanley Cup victory over the Los Angeles Kings turned ugly when fans began vandalizing stores and setting police cars ablaze. Nearly 170 people were injured and more than 100 were arrested. The violence caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage.

1986 - Some 5,000 jubilant Montreal fans celebrating the Canadiens' Stanely Cup win over the Calgary Flames rampaged through the city's downtown. Officials were so poorly prepared that Quebec courts ruled police criminally negligent.

1955: Violence broke out in the streets of Montreal after star forward Maurice Richard was handed a stiff suspension. Richard broke his stick over a Boston Bruins player and hit a linesmen, causing the NHL to suspend him for all remaining games including potential playoff matches. Habs fans rioted in protest of the ruling, which many interpreted as a prejudicial decision based in part on Richard's francophone heritage. There were roughly 100 arrests and $100,000 worth of property damage during the riot.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Just hockey related riots, left out the other sports.

Montreal... Dang!!!! Lol!:shock:

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Question about the coaching staff.  Who does what?:

Bruce Boudreau - head coach

Scott Walker - pk

Jason King - pp

Brad Shaw - d

Kyle Gustafson - ??

Ian Clark - goalie

Darryl Seward - video

Is this correct?  What role does Gustafson have?

Boudreau is probably coaching the PP himself.  

Gustaffson is in his 1st season coming from the WHL.  Don't think he has a defined responsibility.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Montreal... Dang!!!! Lol!:shock:

The part I find a bit funny is the quote

"

16 minutes ago, gurn said:

significant hockey riots in Canada:

Makes me wonder why they didn't do all the riots and only focused on the "significant" ones.

Where they worried about running out of ink?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, khay said:

Andersen and Gibson in Anaheim.

Not bad but Andersen was the starter as Gibson hasn't taken over the starter job yet.

In WSH, no a stable #1 guy. Holtby was coming in I guess but Boudreau was fired before Holtby could establish himself.

You are right, Demko is a game changer. 

It'll be interesting to see what Boudreau could do with Demko in net. 

I think he could have had more playoff success with Gibson in net. 

So it seems like he's had good offensive teams, but not really great goaltenders to save his a$$ when the defense broke down. 

Demko is that guy. So I'm curious as to what kind of run the team can get on now. 6 games under .500, is it possible after this homestand, they could be 2-3 games under .500 and continue to climb from there? I wouldn't be surprised if by January 2022, they're either at .500, or 3-4 games above that. 

Super super low chance making the postseason, but it's not nil. so the players will still try. you never know as well, since maybe the other teams above them start going on their own losing streaks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Boudreau is probably coaching the PP himself.  

Gustaffson is in his 1st season coming from the WHL.  Don't think he has a defined responsibility.  

so what the &^@# is King doing then LOL 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

To get this last 5 mill contract, it's like TG made off like a thief into the darkness.

A shame..I mostly liked JB's drafting - just too many other areas he made poor choices.

Kind of scared about the next group's drafting ability. 

• Vintage 1

2 days in, and I am going to be a life  long fan of Boudreau.  He is an absolute breath of fresh air for this franchise.  The way he interacts with the media, the knowledge that he has and how well he can get it across is incredible.  Polar opposite of Travis  Green.  I can only imagine how that interaction goes with the players.  Regardless of how the season plays out from here,  Boudreau is going to drive a change in culture for the team.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

It'll be interesting to see what Boudreau could do with Demko in net. 

I think he could have had more playoff success with Gibson in net. 

So it seems like he's had good offensive teams, but not really great goaltenders to save his a$$ when the defense broke down. 

Demko is that guy. So I'm curious as to what kind of run the team can get on now. 6 games under .500, is it possible after this homestand, they could be 2-3 games under .500 and continue to climb from there? I wouldn't be surprised if by January 2022, they're either at .500, or 3-4 games above that. 

Super super low chance making the postseason, but it's not nil. so the players will still try. you never know as well, since maybe the other teams above them start going on their own losing streaks. 

Chip away at it, the more we win the more possible it is.  Last night was a good start.

• Like 1

Well a rare moment of brightness ....smiles on the bench....a well deserved Shutout for Demko....I'll bask in the glow for the time being ....cause the reality is that they still made plenty of mistakes and perhaps a better team would have made them pay for it...but the hockey gods decided to smile on them last night. ...this was just one game....Boston is up next ...will see if this indeed the "new" canucks or not....

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, philtbc829 said:

Well a rare moment of brightness ....smiles on the bench....a well deserved Shutout for Demko....I'll bask in the glow for the time being ....cause the reality is that they still made plenty of mistakes and perhaps a better team would have made them pay for it...but the hockey gods decided to smile on them last night. ...this was just one game....Boston is up next ...will see if this indeed the "new" canucks or not....

Sick of watching a team afraid to make mistakes.

• Upvote 1