The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yes; if he sees NHL minutes vs the press box. IF Rathbone wasn't ready, we should have kept Joulevi. He beat him out in camp was my take

Rathbone isn't ready as a regular defenseman. But what about a utility player on the 4th. Skilled af

Insurance for in game injuries. 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if he's saying "Brock, you're a shooter, a sniper, an assassin in the slot!! Stop passing the puck when you have a shot!"

get out there and have some fun, lets see that shot tonight

• Vintage 1

REFEREES

Michael Markovic #31
2021_MM31.jpg
Jake Brenk #26
JB26.jpg
Games ’21-22 21 23
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 27 / 0 51 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 62 / 0 320 / 0
First NHL Game 3/7/19 11/12/15
Birthplace Scarborough, ON Detroit Lakes, MN

LINESMEN

Ryan Daisy #81
RD81.jpg
Brandon Gawryletz #64
BG64.jpg
Games ’21-22 21 23
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 4 56 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 334 / 9 409 / 5
First NHL Game 10/13/16 10/14/15
Birthplace Mansfield, MA Trail, BC
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

Semantics.
I'm just tired of hearing it and tired of seeing it.
How many thousands of times did Green use that term when talking about this team?
This is THE NHL. You don't "----d word---" players at this level. It's the highest level of hockey in the world. If you've gotten here, all you need is tweaking and making adjustments where needed.
We have a team just an hour down the road that's dedicated to "-----d word----"
Keep the guys that are ready and capable of winning, send everyone else not ready - down.
Just my 2 bits. 

I agree. At the NHL level "Develop" is a $&!#ty term for "I need to coach" or "create scheme" to have them succeed. 

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Michael Markovic #31
2021_MM31.jpg
Jake Brenk #26
JB26.jpg
Games ’21-22 21 23
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 27 / 0 51 / 4
Career Games (Reg/PO) 62 / 0 320 / 0
First NHL Game 3/7/19 11/12/15
Birthplace Scarborough, ON Detroit Lakes, MN

LINESMEN

Ryan Daisy #81
RD81.jpg
Brandon Gawryletz #64
BG64.jpg
Games ’21-22 21 23
Games ’20-21 (Reg/PO) 51 / 4 56 / 5
Career Games (Reg/PO) 334 / 9 409 / 5
First NHL Game 10/13/16 10/14/15
Birthplace Mansfield, MA Trail, BC

what? 

Why hasn't the NHL sent us Kelly Sutherland to soil oops I mean spoil the party

4 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Semantics.
I'm just tired of hearing it and tired of seeing it.
How many thousands of times did Green use that term when talking about this team?
This is THE NHL. You don't "----d word---" players at this level. It's the highest level of hockey in the world. If you've gotten here, all you need is tweaking and making adjustments where needed.
We have a team just an hour down the road that's dedicated to "-----d word----"
Keep the guys that are ready and capable of winning, send everyone else not ready - down.
Just my 2 bits. 

I get it: been a frustrating year; hopefully the Boudreau era can provide, a better on ice product ?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Yes; if he sees NHL minutes vs the press box. IF Rathbone wasn't ready, we should have kept Joulevi. He beat him out in camp was my take

He did beat out OJ but so did Hunt and everyone else. LOL

The time he is getting as the number one D man in Abby is beneficial.  I think.

Lockwood is in the same boat. Getting prime minutes.

22 minutes ago, fecklund said:

100% agree with keeping Shaw and obviously Clark.
But King? He's a water boy like Dumbgardener. 

Sometimes is beneficial to keep a couple of the junior guys around, just for continuity, after a midseason coaching change.

(Not talking about “continuity” in the sense of keeping any of the ****** play going that we’ve seen this season. Just more to ease the transition for the players, and also give the new head coach some guys he can draw on for information and getting the lay of the land.)

King is now the longest tenured guy on the bench, when it comes to the Canucks (2 years) and the organization (6 years). I think it’ll beneficial to keep him around, at least for this season.

Gustafson is still really new and considered a promising young coach. I’m sure he’ll gain valuable experience sticking around. And may even prove himself a resource for Gabby.

And like you said, Shaw and Clark are proven guys, and Clarky is in a category all his own (hopefully they keep him as long as possible and through any regime changes).

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Sometimes is beneficial to keep a couple of the junior guys around, just for continuity, after a midseason coaching change.

(Not talking about “continuity” in the sense of keeping any of the ****** play going that we’ve seen this season. Just more to ease the transition for the players, and also give the new head coach some guys he can draw on for information and getting the lay of the land.)

King is now the longest tenured guy on the bench, when it comes to the Canucks (2 years) and the organization (6 years). I think it’ll beneficial to keep him around, at least for this season.

Gustafson is still really new and considered a promising young coach. I’m sure he’ll gain valuable experience sticking around. And may even prove himself a resource for Gabby.

And like you said, Shaw and Clark are proven guys, and Clarky is in a category all his own (hopefully they keep him as long as possible and through any regime changes).

Clark should retire a Canuck; but I do wonder what happened with Holtby ?  Perhaps, Holtby was who he was at that stage and JB just overpaid for his resume ?

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Better for him to play big minutes on the farm than be a spare here.

Yeah, hear that a lot lol

On the other hand Huggy and OEL are ahead of him here. He'd be 3rd wheel. Because he doesn't fulfill a need. Big physical defenseman. 

• Cheers 1