The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Columbus Blue Jackets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, Schenn was in Covid protocol prior to the game and Poolman is now as they pulled him during/after the first

Depends on whether they actually have Covid or not

If our D keeps crumbling the remaining guys will def be in tough

No way Myers plays 45 min LOL.

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hard to say, if Poolman really has it there's a chance of an outbreak as he was on the bench with everyone else and he was engaging Columbus players too 

Could be the last game we see for a while if things really go sideways 

Oh man. Not this again…

• Huggy Bear 1

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I was surprised as well that we came back from a 3-0 deficit. That usually never happens. And Columbus is a good team, they were rested before tonight’s game. We beat a good team tonight. SJ is next obviously and that’ll be a little different since it’ll be away from home. 

If the boys can make it 6 in a row by Thursday evening, boy, they’ve got something cooking in the kitchen, 10 in a row might not be a stretch if they can get 6 or 7 in a row. That’s possible now. I didn’t think it was likely let alone possible 2 weeks ago. 

I think we have a good roster.. 

I was so wrong.. I never been happier being wrong..

Wish we win Cup. I'll tattoo " I was wrong" on my inside of finger 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s interesting how it’s only the new players getting infected.

Makes you wonder if the combination of natural immunity (from last season’s infections) plus the vaccines has given the returning players some sort of extra resistance?

It's def an odd one, but I'm not gonna pretend to know the answer

4 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Oh man. Not this again…

I hope not, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised 

We root for the Canucks after all

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s interesting how it’s only the new players getting infected.

Makes you wonder if the combination of natural immunity (from last season’s infections) plus the vaccines has given the returning players some sort of extra resistance?

Hmm, now that I think about it didn't Poolman get Covid in Winnipeg though?

Brad Shaw is doing amazing things with the defense. I've posted before about this, but Tyler Myers remade himself over the summer, and now he's a top pairing Dman. Not sure what he did, but he's night and day better! Great game by him, Hughes, Bo, and the entire Petterson line. What a fantastic comeback. I almost gave up after the first, it was a crap day at work, and I didn't need any more negativity. I sure am glad I stuck around!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Things can change pretty quick. 

It’d be funny if they fired Dave Tippet, only to hire Travis Green :bigblush:

Idea: lets all start talking about how much we hate boudreau and miss TG, and see if we can bait Edmonton fans into forcing their owner to hire him

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Brad Shaw is doing amazing things with the defense. I've posted before about this, but Tyler Myers remade himself over the summer, and now he's a top pairing Dman. Not sure what he did, but he's night and day better! Great game by him, Hughes, Bo, and the entire Petterson line. What a fantastic comeback. I almost gave up after the first, it was a crap day at work, and I didn't need any more negativity. I sure am glad I stuck around!

Pod*cough*kolzin

;)

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's def an odd one, but I'm not gonna pretend to know the answer

I hope not, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised 

We root for the Canucks after all

We root for the Canucks indeed. C’mon hockey gods….some mercy after what the team had to go through before…

Let Calgary or Edmonton experience this dread for once…

3 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

Agreed. Hoping to see OEL in peak form too after a few practices with Boudreau. All of a sudden our defense looks.... good....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I hear ya, man. I don’t think it was just you. I listened to almost all the post-game shows after the games, and callers were just so angry. The fans were upset. We felt like we had a better team than the one that was showing up on the ice. It’s obvious to me now that there was a division on the executive staff, and that filtered down throughout the entire organization. Benning as the GM should have nipped whatever the &^@# was going on, in the bud, but he allowed it to perpetuate. It’s clear to me because once he was removed and Green as well, the players started playing better, like basically right away. 

There was literally no transition to getting better. They just got better. It was as if a new roster had been assembled or something, but no, we still had the same group of players. 

It’s nice and it’s fun, and things are light when the team is winning. The players are happy, and they love it here. When things aren’t going so well, everything goes to hell in this market. 

Our team was way better then the first 20ish games showed. 

Eventually it was going to turn itself around. 

This is what this team is capable of.

Demko, and Horvat, Pettersson, Miller as your centers? Seriously can any team can brag about that? Still a tall order to make it into a Pacific Division playoff spot. (No way there getting a wildcard), the two wildcard teams will have more points then the 3rd Pacific team. 

Moral of the story this team is definitely a contender, but early season losses will likely haunt us. 

9 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Except for the probing.

Definitely a no on the probing. 

Hmm .. what kind of probing are we talking.. 

Omg....

Most definitely a no to probing 

I was hoping they put a super AI chip in my brain. I beat the stock market become a trillionaire...

Then take over as "dictator" of planet earth.. 

Thanks for the heads up.. I'm going to turn down the abduction request from aliens now.. not into probing.. at all...

Edit

Deleted inappropriate joke. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1