The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'm not high on Byfield.  They also have Turcotte in the system as a potential 2C.  Plus, they don't really have any LHD that are top 4 quality.  Chychrun will help them now and in the future.  If this move is actually true, then I would say LA might be all in and therefore need a goalie.

Demko for Brandt Clarke...

Don’t see Turcotte panning out.

Byfield is only 20! He’s still developing. If he figures out how to skate that’s a big skilled man. That’s a big risk and hole left for them when Kopitar retires.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t see Turcotte panning out.

Byfield is only 20! He’s still developing. If he figures out how to skate that’s a big skilled man. That’s a big risk and hole left for them when Kopitar retires.

That's a big IF.  Not every guy is like BO.  Some guys just can't skate.  He also doesn't strike me as a high hockey IQ guy.  He is very talented and has alot of tools, but skating and hockey IQ are needed to succeed in the NHL.  I agree about Turcotte, he's a great skater but his hockey IQ isn't great either and he's much smaller than Byfield.

In any event, if LA pulls this off then IMO they are all in and need a goalie desperately...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

I feel like that’d be low. 

I don’t see that.

The Isles pick is higher and Podz is showing he can be a scorer in the NHL.

You throw in a grade A prospect in Raty, and then a cost controlled D man that just needs a chance.

6 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

tbh, if JR wants a "retool" this is a player you go after, and we need d so, NYI 1st, Hoglander, Boeser 1 mill retention 

The Cancuks trading for Chychrun only makes sense if they buy out OEL in the summer.  Which I think they will.  So all options are on the table.  I would do that deal for Chychrun in a heartbeat.  Problem though is that what if NYI keep the pick?  Do we trade Chychrun for a 2024 1st round unprotected pick?  

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t see that.

The Isles pick is higher and Podz is showing he can be a scorer in the NHL.

You throw in a grade A prospect in Raty, and then a cost controlled D man that just needs a chance.

I think they want something better coming back as that third piece would be my guess. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

The Cancuks trading for Chychrun only makes sense if they buy out OEL in the summer.  Which I think they will.  So all options are on the table.  I would do that deal for Chychrun in a heartbeat.  Problem though is that what if NYI keep the pick?  Do we trade Chychrun for a 2024 1st round unprotected pick?  

agree, lets buy him out please 

yes, that's the main piece of the package