The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks to be limited to 50% capacity at Rogers Arena until end of January

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

This is a Hockey forum.

Im sure theres a Covid thread outside of this Canucks General thread. As a curtesy to fellow Canuck posters it may be best if you perch your wackoness in the Covid section, i think its in General talk thread. 

I entered this conversation quoting someone else's post. As I said privately, in which you took upon yourself to message me, you can read my posts or not. 

44 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Well yeah, I of course entirely agree. Wear a mask, get your shot, do everything you ability to help try to get us through this. Just felt it was worth saying that in my experience over the last year and a half the radical ideology is the problem in general. It's selfishness and privileged in the majority of the case, not polical alignment.

To jump in here, my thought process regarding masks and therapeutics has nothing to do with privilege or political ideology. 

I've had 2 flu shots, and both times I got more sick than any flu I've ever had naturally. So when this shot was released, I decided, based on self risk assessment, geography (I live in an isolated town of 15k) that it made more sense to wait and see. Considering the fact this is the first vaccine of its nature, it made sense to me to do so. I don't get angry with people who chose to get it, nor do I not don a mask in stores that require it. 

Since then, it has become politicized and those who chose to not take it are ostracized. That's not what common health is about, and that's why I am and will continue to be unvaxxed.

Worst case scenario, I can get it done at any time. Worst case scenario for you, is you have to get your 7th booster to attend a concert. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

With another variant with more restrictions again and lost revenue, does anyone foresee contracts being different in the future?

Currently players are paid 100% whether they play 100% of the games because of Covid, cancellations or illness or injuries of their own doing

These restrictions may carry on forever at times from now on in this new world (order)

I myself can see the owners saying you will get 100% of your contract if you play 100% of your contract (same with Staff, Management, arena workers etc)

The players and the Owners had got into a business arrangement to work together, Currently it is only the owners taking the hit from Covid losses

I can see a restructuring of contracts in the future

5 minutes ago, GreyHatnDart said:

To jump in here, my thought process regarding masks and therapeutics has nothing to do with privilege or political ideology. 

I've had 2 flu shots, and both times I got more sick than any flu I've ever had naturally. So when this shot was released, I decided, based on self risk assessment, geography (I live in an isolated town of 15k) that it made more sense to wait and see. Considering the fact this is the first vaccine of its nature, it made sense to me to do so. I don't get angry with people who chose to get it, nor do I not don a mask in stores that require it. 

Since then, it has become politicized and those who chose to not take it are ostracized. That's not what common health is about, and that's why I am and will continue to be unvaxxed.

Worst case scenario, I can get it done at any time. Worst case scenario for you, is you have to get your 7th booster to attend a concert. 

I'm sorry you felt crappy. I had to take my vaccine in the middle of a chemotherapy cycle and it absolutely wrecked me like you couldn't possibly believe. But by doing so, I did my part in the big picture and I maintained my ability to continue to do my part at work.

Worst case for me is I'll be on my 7th booster so I can continue to do my job taking care of people. Unfortunately for me, that jobs continues to be far more difficult then it has ever been before, and the overwhelming majority of that is because of the unvaccinated. I'm happy you get to enjoy your life, and seem happy with your decisions. But the willingly unvaccinated are making the existence of people who commited their entire lives to try to maintain the health of the population an absolute living nightmare. We are all allowed our opinion, in my opinion it's incredibly selfish and it speaks to the privilege of some. They won't do the bare minimum to help maintain life our our fellow man and ease the burden on those who are far beyond that point of burnout and exhaustion. No words could possibly express the frustration I, and nearly everyone of my colleagues, feel daily.

I get you want to talk, but I can't continue to do this with you any longer. We said our peace previously, can we please leave it at that?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

13 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

Agreed. I think the worst is those that travel out of province or country during a pandemic. Those are super spreaders and no one should be travelling during a pandemic if they care about others. 

some people gave up going to things like funerals or delayed their weddings. We should appreciate that kind of effort, not waste time talking to conspiracy nuts or anti-vaxxers who won't change their behaviour voluntarily.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

10 hours ago, Xanlet said:

I don't think you know what "straw man" means. You have directly advocated revoking people's access to public medical services unless they take a vaccine

sure I do, you just did it again.Thats not my argument or what i advocated.

that you yourself admit was fast tracked which means we don't have accurate information on long term potential side effects,

again with the misinformation campaign. Never said that.

which you point to as the grounds for the indemnification.

nope.

I believe most people would deem your proposal an extreme political stance, the policy of denying people health care for not taking a vaccine which was not subject to the usual standard of trials.

I get why you're trying so desperately hard to make this political, otherwise you're nearly alone in your ideas.

Your claim that your position is "vaccine science" is curious since you are fine with clinical trials being cut short and legal immunity being granted to the manufacturers. Let's be clear here, these are two incredibly important safeguards to ensuring harmful pharmaceutical products don't make it to market, yet both of these fundamental pillars of safety have been removed for this vaccine.

I understand that everyone wants this pandemic to end, and a lot of people put all their eggs in the vaccine basket and have adopted an almost ideological commitment to it, but we need to take into account new information as it becomes available. I hope everyone can stay safe and we can avoid contributing to the division which is intensifying around certain topics like these.

you just can't stick to the basic facts and need to make up false statements about other's positions. Desperate to make it political to puff up support for "your side".

Pretty sad stuff buddy.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

some people gave up going to things like funerals or delayed their weddings. We should appreciate that kind of effort, not waste time talking to conspiracy nuts or anti-vaxxers who won't change their behaviour voluntarily.

What if someone has all of their vaccines except for 2. Do I call them antivaxxer and a conspiracy nut and wish death on them? I’m not sure how all of this works? I haven’t been watching the news to see how I’m supposed to treat these creatures? (can’t call them people right?)

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:
13 hours ago, Xanlet said:

that you yourself admit was fast tracked which means we don't have accurate information on long term potential side effects,

again with the misinformation campaign. Never said that.

18 hours ago, JM_ said:

They were asked by gov'ts to fast track vaccines. To do that they needed reasonable assurance that they would not be held responsible for reasonably unforeseen issues.

I'm now convinced you are simply being dishonest. You stated they were asked to fast track the vaccine, and then in the next post deny that they were fast tracked. I hope at least other posters can see you are coming from a place of rampant dishonesty.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Why don't they just mandate a rule that states hospitals don't treat covid-like symptoms for those that are unvaccinated? Problems in the ICU solved, healthcare workers are happy and then it'd also promote taking the vaccine. Those who made the choice not to take it dokt burden healthcare, they live with their own actions and we can get back to life like normal. Why not? 

It's easy enough to get a medical exemption or a doctor's note stating why you can't get vaccinated (it's really really rare that a medical issue will prevent you from being able to take the vaccine).

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

15 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Then how do you explain that the Canadian Medical Association Journal studies show Delta variant being at a 108% increase of hospitalization, a 235% increase in critical, and a 133% increase in morality when compared to Covid 1.0? 

I'm not going to argue with you, I'm actively doing my best to be respectful. But I'm telling you that from my side of the table, my clinic is actively increasing protocol due to the possibility of what omicron could bring. Not decreasing it because of "very mild symptoms".

The vaccine is most effective for the original strain, that's why. It's not nearly as effective against variants. 

1 hour ago, MikeyD said:

The vaccine is most effective for the original strain, that's why. It's not nearly as effective against variants. 

That's part of the reason. Have you read the studies out of Canada and Scotland I'm referencing? Because you are correct in what your saying, but that doesn't explain the uptick we saw with Delta. Studies showed that Delta was a more serious strain then the original. Which is the entire reason I was having the original conversation with someone you hopped into.

Edited by Shayster007

6 hours ago, Bure_of_94 said:

What if someone has all of their vaccines except for 2. Do I call them antivaxxer and a conspiracy nut and wish death on them? I’m not sure how all of this works? I haven’t been watching the news to see how I’m supposed to treat these creatures? (can’t call them people right?)

I guess it depends on which two we're talking about. 

The people I think we need to be hard on are the ones that know the risks they are talking and go out and put that on others. E.g., we know there are people that are using fake vaccine passports. What should we call those folks?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Xanlet said:

I'm now convinced you are simply being dishonest. You stated they were asked to fast track the vaccine, and then in the next post deny that they were fast tracked. I hope at least other posters can see you are coming from a place of rampant dishonesty.

you continue to try to manipulate what I've stated. Its not going to win you any points with anyone.

People who know me on here as a regular know I'm not dishonest. Annoying sure, but not dishonest. 

• Wat 1

11 hours ago, JM_ said:

They had a choice? I think not. I tried twice but Henry said no.

9 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Why don't they just mandate a rule that states hospitals don't treat covid-like symptoms for those that are unvaccinated? Problems in the ICU solved, healthcare workers are happy and then it'd also promote taking the vaccine. Those who made the choice not to take it dokt burden healthcare, they live with their own actions and we can get back to life like normal. Why not? 

It's easy enough to get a medical exemption or a doctor's note stating why you can't get vaccinated (it's really really rare that a medical issue will prevent you from being able to take the vaccine).

But we can’t do that here because of human rights.  like if a guy murder 40 people and he was shot by the police.   Ambulance and hospital will need to treat the shooter no matter what. 

6 hours ago, JM_ said:

you continue to try to manipulate what I've stated. Its not going to win you any points with anyone.

People who know me on here as a regular know I'm not dishonest. Annoying sure, but not dishonest. 

I'm not manipulating anything, In your own words you said "fast tracked"