The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 19, 2021 GAME POSTPONED (Was Arizona @ Vancouver) - PLEASE KEEP IT TO HOCKEY RELATED TALK

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Yeah.

But mainly taking about our high priced players underperforming.  Myers isn't afforded top PP minutes anymore.  And if his best game is to be Defensive Defenceman...$6M is a tough pill to swallow (in the sense of trying to keep the forward group together cap wise).

If we allotted that 6 mill to someone else, I don't think they're getting any PP minutes either.  Guess what?  We're filled with offensive talent and having a guy who has been one of the best defensive defensemen analytically this year is a fine use of that 6 mill.  Plus without any PP time at all on a team that has been terrible offensively, he's still on pace for 25 points this year which isn't bad at all offensively.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

You can make a good case for Lindros and Mogilny, but not Bure.  The Bure trade basically boiled down to Bure and Hedican for Jovanovski, who the Canucks just lost to free agency with no return.

Burke: Gagner was the key part of the Bure deal.  If he wasn't included, I don't make the trade.:P

Interestingly enough, after his playing career ended, he joined the Canucks and was the key scout that told Gillis to give a contract to undrafted prospect Chris Tanev.

Burke was a genius!

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

41 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

If we allotted that 6 mill to someone else, I don't think they're getting any PP minutes either.  Guess what?  We're filled with offensive talent and having a guy who has been one of the best defensive defensemen analytically this year is a fine use of that 6 mill.  Plus without any PP time at all on a team that has been terrible offensively, he's still on pace for 25 points this year which isn't bad at all offensively.

What stats are you using?

1 hour ago, Rindiculous said:

That's actually quite good.