The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 19, 2021 GAME POSTPONED (Was Arizona @ Vancouver) - PLEASE KEEP IT TO HOCKEY RELATED TALK

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

On 12/20/2021 at 11:33 AM, Devron44 said:

Weird, I see a player with 169 Points in 196 career games. 23 Years old! 

18 points in 17 career playoff games. 

You are probably one of those guys that wanted Hughes traded too. Truth in the stats eh 

ROFL past stats, its about the present not past, so far since he signed a new deal, hes been subpar, guess we wait and see how the rest of the season goes, but if he doesnt improve by the end of the season, than questions will be floating around ...and as for hughes, nay  love the kid alot, i actually backed him up when ppl were raging how bad his defense play has been last year

• Like 1

On 12/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, Dazzle said:

Some Canuck fans will just complain about something else during a win streak. Hint, you're one of them.

such a funny man, as i said to many ep40 fan bois here, i knew id get some throwing spit at me lol, good try though...as i said in another reply, time will telll haha

• RoughGame 1

14 minutes ago, x00x said:

ROFL past stats, its about the present not past, so far since he signed a new deal, hes been subpar, guess we wait and see how the rest of the season goes, but if he doesnt improve by the end of the season, than questions will be floating around ...and as for hughes, nay  love the kid alot, i actually backed him up when ppl were raging how bad his defense play has been last year

But your not backing up Petey? Interesting. Past stats are pretty important when you consider he’s 23 years old. He’s not 33. 
I’ll Be here to tell ya told ya so when he finds his game but sounds like you’ve already made up your mind 

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

“Tyler Myers is my guy.”

“I was talking to Scotty Bowman last night about him and he said ‘he’s a big guy, he needs big minutes’ and I agreed.”

If you don’t care for Tyler Myers then Bruce may not be your guy.

Loved that answer.

What Myers has done in the last 6 games has been awesome. He’s definitely getting overlooked as a big part of our turnaround.

Boudreau and co have him playing like the top 4 we hoped he could be. Playing like a top 2 even lately.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Loved that answer.

What Myers has done in the last 6 games has been awesome. He’s definitely getting overlooked as a big part of our turnaround.

Boudreau and co have him playing like the top 4 we hoped he could be. Playing like a top 2 even lately.

Yeah, the importance of a coach, that understands his job.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, the importance of a coach, that understands his job.

Pretty cool he’s tight with Scotty Bowman too.

That guy has a wealth of knowledge needless to say. The fact that he’s willing to give his input on the team is great.

Maybe he’s looking for another senior advisor role?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Pretty cool he’s tight with Scotty Bowman too.

That guy has a wealth of knowledge needless to say. The fact that he’s willing to give his input on the team is great.

Maybe he’s looking for another senior advisor role?

Bowman, would be a good add but this is JRs' ship now. Perhaps, best to give this new crew a chance to get built and see what they can do.    

We have seen, what bad/weak leadership can do to a team and vice versa.  When is the next game ?

11 hours ago, 4petesake said:

it'll be interesting to keep an eye on the Bruce haters once they emerge and see if it aligns with the folks that dislike Myers.

I'm just happy we're finally seeing the player we hoped we were getting. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Good. Gives the team more time to get their players cleared and get a practice or two in.

Could have Myers, Poolman, Motte and Hunt back. Hamonic should also be close if the original 2-3 week timeline was accurate.

On 12/22/2021 at 11:55 PM, 4petesake said:

“Tyler Myers is my guy.”

“I was talking to Scotty Bowman last night about him and he said ‘he’s a big guy, he needs big minutes’ and I agreed.”

All you bad kids out there who said mean things about Tyler Myers need to get some coal!   That said it's ok.   Is the season to be Jolly and Bruce is bringing that so all is forgiven. 

• Haha 3