The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I really dont know what he worked on last offseason. It looks like he didn't work on strength or his skating at all. Who gives him his offseason training plans anyways?

When it comes down to it, it's really his own responsibility as a player to get an on point training plan. 

Hopefully just this year is a down year and he can restart with a fresh new offseason later on.

Luckily we have a much improved Huggy and Miller so the sting is a little less.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Ummm no.

They didn’t have their legs because they dominated the Ducks last night. The kings were fresh and playing good hockey. Still took a shootout to get the win.

Greens team would have given up a goal on the pk and never scored on the powerplay. Game would have ended 3-0 with an empty netter.

ok 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

He was amazing. I really wish they could give him some scoring support. I am getting tired of Petey. Where has your will to get points gone? You look like a lost puppy out there.

He showed a couple great flashes this game, knocking an LA player off the puck in the defensive zone and taking away an offensive zone rush from them at our blue line. I don’t think he’s sure of his positioning yet and where he needs to go when trying to get the puck. His rookie season he had all kinds of space, now he doesn’t and is struggling to figure out how to play effectively with little to no room on the ice. I still believe he can turn this around, but it’s true that the games are counting down in the season as are his opportunities to rebound.

6 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

You know, he gets 2 great opportunities that other players don't get.............

He makes the most important pass from the boards to Miller on Horvats goal

and comes back and breaks up several good plays............

And you guys talk like this.......................Miller did not get a shot on goal....did he play bad?

As bad as he is, and he is bad, EP showed improvement this game. He was not invisible (one of the few) and got rewarded with that assist. A great assist.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

In all honesty, this was the first game where I starting having doubts.. looked very sluggish and sad to watch. 

I'll give them a pass because its a back to back but man I got dejavu with TG's Canucks tonight. 

Looked very similar to Green. The dump and change came back in full force tonight. Any forecheck was followed up with the other two forwards changing to make it an easy out for the Kings.

Edit: with that said the defensive structure was miles ahead of Green though. Just offensively.

Edited by MikeyD