The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Dec. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I would agree with that, including the shoot out. Did you see the next LA shooter do the same thing............just went brain dead, and I get that criticism, but on the whole, he played decent...not great, fantastic or awesome........decent, and that is a step up IMHO

Yes, Pete was one of our better players today. 

Just to clarify my opinion on Pettersson

#1............His start to the season was terrible

#2............His progression back to his regular self is slow

#3.............His defense has been good

#4.............His offense has improved

#5..............No he is not playing up to his 7.3 M cap, but he is certainly playing up to a top 6 now, not a strong top 6, but a top 6

Which is a far cry from where he started the season......half full not half empty!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Dangit.....so close. I must say, Halak was a Beast in net tonight. that 2nd period he was absolutely stellar, by far his best game as a canuck. It was a tough game, back-to-back and LA had a day of rest in between their previous game and this one. I thought Pearson should have been with Bo and Hoglander, Dickinson didnt do much. Pretty fun game to watch none the less since it was even all the way.

Dickenson is a waste of money honestly. He should make league min. because he has zero offense and Chaisson should not even be an NHL regular. Just terrible signings by Benning wasting valuable cap space. 

Edited by DefCon1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Man what different attitude. If it was Green he would’ve said “this is our 8th straight game with a point we played the night before they got a good team over there. Give them credit but I am satisfied that we got the point”

5 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Just to clarify my opinion on Pettersson

#1............His start to the season was terrible

#2............His progression back to his regular self is slow

#3.............His defense has been good

#4.............His offense has improved

#5..............No he is not playing up to his 7.3 M cap, but he is certainly playing up to a top 6 now, not a strong top 6, but a top 6

Which is a far cry from where he started the season......half full not half empty!

I still dont see how he is playing up to a top 6 forward right now?

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Dickenson is a waste of money honestly. He should make league min. because he has zero offense and Chaisson should not even be an NHL regular. Just terrible signings by Benning wasting valuable cap space. 

How can you call Chiasson a waste of valuable cap space lol 

The guy's making less then the amount that you can bury in the minors. 

14 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

Hoglander should’ve gotten a chance in OT and the shootout. No idea why Dickinson was out there in OT. 

I don't think that Dickinson was out there in OT?  

We saw Miller with Pearson, a little bit of Horvat, Elias, and Garland from what I remember.  I could be wrong.