The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Victor Rask, Zane McIntyre

It just got posted on TSN, Nick Bjugstad was slashed by his team mate Victor Rask at practice and it broke his arm...wow...now we know why

edit: it was zuccarello lol

my bad

never try to post news when you have vintage...should know better!

Edited by Attila Umbrus

There seems to be nothing attractive about him as a pick up for us.  He is older, an pending UFA, underperforming, and on an expensive contract.

He is on waivers because no one wanted him at his full cap hit.  Maybe at 50% retained for some playoff depth insurance for some team... bet even then a little pricey for his production.

4 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

It just got posted on TSN, Nick Bjugstad was slashed by his team mate Victor Rask at practice and it broke his arm...wow...now we know why

edit: it was zuccarello lol

my bad

never try to post news when you have vintage...should know better!

Zuccarello is much bigger loss.  In before Miller or Boes to Minni :frantic:

7 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Cap hit 4 million. No one is taking that 

I'm sure they've asked around already, but if someone was going to, they could have retained 50% and taken back pretty much nothing in return to save them more on cap than the $1M they'll get off his deal when he's in the AHL.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/01/minnesota-wild-place-victor-rask-zane-mcintyre-on-waivers.html

Rask’s waiver placement is partially salary-motivated, as the 28-year-old forward is in the last year of a contract that carries a $4MM cap hit. If he clears waivers, the Wild can save roughly $1MM on that hit while he’s in the minors.

He has four goals and six assists in 21 games this season, occasionally serving as a healthy scratch.

Yeah, he hasn't been used a lot apparently, but his 10 points and +6 in 21 games doesn't look that bad so I figured I'd look a little more. His last 5 games he has 1 assist and is -4. Averaging a little over 10 minutes a game as well. It looks like he showed up in November, but that's about it. No idea on the why, but doesn't look promising for his price tag.

Rask played fairly well when he was in Carolina. Put career highs of 48 points, that’s second line production isn’t it? 

Since then however, he’s been on a steady decline offensively at least. Not sure what happened with him. But at 4M, like so many other posters have said, it’s way too expensive for us to absorb. So hard pass on Rask for me, and we don’t really need a left handed center man.