The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Blackhawks trade Alex Nylander to Penguins for Sam Lafferty

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Seems a bit like when we traded Gaudette for Highmore. 

Ha ha, Highmore and Lafferty are similar players on paper and Gaudette and Nylander are both on their 3rd teams.

I think the difference is that despite so so results, Gaudette has a good attitude

On 1/5/2022 at 4:42 PM, Dazzle said:

Not really the same comparison. Gaudette wasn't doing much when he wasn't scoring. Nylander is twice the player that Gaudette was.

Gaudette was only less than a year older than Nylander was when traded and was at least in the NHL. Nylander was in the AHL putting up poor numbers (12 points -10 in 23 games). 

They are both about the same size, shifty playmakers, struggle defensively. What is it about Nylander’s game you think makes him a lot better? 

4 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Gaudette was only less than a year older than Nylander was when traded and was at least in the NHL. Nylander was in the AHL putting up poor numbers (12 points -10 in 23 games). 

They are both about the same size, shifty playmakers, struggle defensively. What is it about Nylander’s game you think makes him a lot better? 

Never mind.

Edited by Dazzle

I don't know if I'm willing to say that Pittsburgh nor Chicago wins this trade. Nylander's been in the AHL this year and this is with Chicago not exactly being a strong team. Lafferty has actually played games this season, albeit in limited capacity and clearly in a diminished role since he started.

Perhaps this is just 2 players that needed a change in scenery.