Tucker Poolman 

Trade #2

Vancouver gets

2023 Oilers 4th round pick

Tyler Benson 

Kyle Turris 

Edmonton gets

Jaroslav Halak 

Our back up goalie is way better than the two goalies they have. That tells you everything you need to know about the Oilers.

That is so funny.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2nd trade, are we going all-in with Demko?  We'd need a 2nd goalie (Mikey isn't ready at this point), and if we don't get a replacement we're basically bowing out of the playoff race since TD will be exhausted playing every game.  Turris also costs us cap space that we don't have while underperforming, and besides Benson being a Giant at this point I don't see the appeal of trading for him.  If this is to avoid paying Halak's signing bonus it's also kind of petty.

For the Dallas trade, I don't see why we trade for Klingberg who's a pending UFA (our RHD with Myers and Schenn is fine defensively, while Quinn and OEL are our primary puck-movers), and I also don't know anything about this Peterson (funny how he's also a LH C out of Sweden who wears #40).  Glendening would probably be a good pickup but otherwise I don't get why we make either move (are Miller and Pooman what Dallas wants?).  

Edited by Phil_314

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

2nd trade, are we going all-in with Demko?  We'd need a 2nd goalie (Mikey isn't ready at this point), and if we don't get a replacement we're basically bowing out of the playoff race since TD will be exhausted playing every game.  Turris also costs us cap space that we don't have while underperforming, and besides Benson being a Giant at this point I don't see the appeal of trading for him.  If this is to avoid paying Halak's signing bonus it's also kind of petty.

For the Dallas trade, I don't see why we trade for Klingberg who's a pending UFA (our RHD with Myers and Schenn is fine defensively, while Quinn and OEL are our primary puck-movers), and I also don't know anything about this Peterson (funny how he's also a LH C out of Sweden who wears #40).  Glendening would probably be a good pickup but otherwise I don't get why we make either move (are Miller and Pooman what Dallas wants?).  

Dallas does this to get something for Klingberg before becoming a UFA and get a playmaker that is an American they can market and Poolman is a RHD that is 3rd pairing and if Gudbranson can get what is getting payed then Poolman isn’t horrible.   I would bet Dallas resigns him. While Vancouver does this to fix their right side and below is the scouting report on Peterson 

“ 

Jacob Peterson, C – Texas Stars (AL)

Ht/Wt: 6-1/181
Drafted: 2017 round five, 132nd overall by Dallas Stars 

The Stars uncovered a hidden gem from the fifth-round way back in 2017 with the selection of Peterson. After developing in the SHL for the past three years amassing 51 points in 100 career games, Peterson signed his ELC and made the move to North America for the 2021 season and made his debut in the NHL. His first game was a memorable one as he scored his first career NHL goal but was held pointless for the following five games. He has since been assigned to the AHL where he will look to regain his offensive confidence.Peterson is an excellent skater with explosive first-step acceleration. He uses his quickness to find open ice and finish plays. He could use a little more strength and likely plays most of the season in the AHL, but an NHL recall is very probable in the future.”

https://nhlrumors.com/2021-22-top-10-dallas-stars-prospects/2021/11/01/

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier

2 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Trading Halak isn't taking advantage of Edmonton's goalie's needs. It is gutting our season. You need a solid backup goalie, that's like hockey 101... 

for the time being use Mikey D or Spencer who has actually played better then Mikey D I believe 

There is also free agents like Dubnyk so the bottom isn’t going to fall out because the backup goalie gets traded 

1 hour ago, Phil_314 said:

Pettersson/Peterson will be interesting for play by play guys lol 

Halak needs to go before he plays 10 games, unless we're in on him longer term. If he plays 10 games and his bonus kicks in (1.25m) it counts against our cap even if we trade him after the 10...so it's either cut bait now or in for the balance.

BUT...I don't think the Oilers are this desperate, there will be better options available either now or at the TDL.

56 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

for the time being use Mikey D or Spencer who has actually played better then Mikey D I believe 

There is also free agents like Dubnyk so the bottom isn’t going to fall out because the backup goalie gets traded 

lol trade away a solid backup, get some sweeteners and then go out to sign a new backup in the middle of the season? All with the risk of throwing a whole year away? No disrespect, but sounds like something a pre school student would do. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

lol trade away a solid backup, get some sweeteners and then go out to sign a new backup in the middle of the season? All with the risk of throwing a whole year away? No disrespect, but sounds like something a pre school student would do. 

Are you seriously putting the chances of the Canucks making the playoffs on keeping Halak? 

3 hours ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

Are you seriously putting the chances of the Canucks making the playoffs on keeping Halak? 

If Demko goes down, yes because they sure as hell ain't making it in with Dipietro. Halak is good enough to get you into the playoffs, but how far, thats another story. Especially during this covid crap, you're gonna need 2 goalies in case one guy ends up in the covid list

• Wat 1