The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will be the first player to be traded under the new management?

Rate this topic

Rabbit

14 hours ago, aGENT said:

Ugh, so tired of reading this. Yes all the fun Doritos and Oreos are gone but we still have loads of beans, rice and chicken broth.

50 years ago I was on a boat from Quito to the Galapagos Islands and we were served beans and rice every meal. We started a game of naming foods we want to eat after the trip going through the alphabet. Also, rice and beans won’t get us a Stanley Cup.

4 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

50 years ago I was on a boat from Quito to the Galapagos Islands and we were served beans and rice every meal. We started a game of naming foods we want to eat after the trip going through the alphabet. Also, rice and beans won’t get us a Stanley Cup.

We've already got more exciting ingredients on the table. Besides a couple other ingredients, rice and beans are actually exactly what we need to keep cycling through for cheap, so we can keep the more exciting dishes on the menu.

4 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Before, any Miller trade - a Dickenson trade has to happen first and that money can be used to keep the fourth line together.

I'd love to watch JR pull off some moves like this.  Manage to convince other GMs to take a package of middling players, as well as steal other players who have become superfluous positions, or cap problems to other teams  Watch what a truly talented, smart and connected management leader can do.  And with this latest hire of Émilie Castonguay, one more building block towards a healthy team culture here.  With a connection to players and how their agents operate. To the point by next summer, players do not want to leave. And other players want to come here. And it ends up we don't lose Miller, or any important core player. And also shut up all the media talking heads and CDC fans that have already traded away Miller.  Maybe Boeser and Horvat too.

On 1/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, steviewonder20 said:

As much as I’d hate to see Miller go, I’m tired of players leaving and the Canucks getting nothing in return. Miller is on a bargain contract now but he won’t be on his next contract. If the Rangers are determined to get him, Schneider (top 4 rhd) and Chytil would be a nice return and good ages for our core. I doubt Miller and Boeser both get traded, but if you can get decent picks for Pearson and Motte we are restocking a bare cupboard. 

1. Why would Rangers trade defensemen that they are using in their lineup right now?  

2. Cupboards are bare where, in the AHL?  Blame the fact that we draft out of NCAA and Europe mostly. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

1. Why would Rangers trade defensemen that they are using in their lineup right now?  

2. Cupboards are bare where, in the AHL?  Blame the fact that we draft out of NCAA and Europe mostly. 

Because the Rangers are actually quite set at RD, unlike most teams

They have Fox and Trouba in their top four locked up to big term and dollars

Schneider won't jump either player any time soon, they can actually afford to move him

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, kilgore said:

I'd love to watch JR pull off some moves like this.  Manage to convince other GMs to take a package of middling players, as well as steal other players who have become superfluous positions, or cap problems to other teams  Watch what a truly talented, smart and connected management leader can do.  And with this latest hire of Émilie Castonguay, one more building block towards a healthy team culture here.  With a connection to players and how their agents operate. To the point by next summer, players do not want to leave. And other players want to come here. And it ends up we don't lose Miller, or any important core player. And also shut up all the media talking heads and CDC fans that have already traded away Miller.  Maybe Boeser and Horvat too.

The leadership group will take on the personality of JR, and I expect him to set a [high] standard that values accountability and respect.  As for any roster moves - I will only be interested in the return; and IMO, any trades should focus on acquiring futures and a RHD prospects - with pedigree. 

I agree: JR & crew will be judged on the quality of there moves.  I am not expecting perfection rather a gradual improvement of the team on a yearly basis.

As for Aquaman, I hope he has learned that his main job as owner, is to assemble a strong leadership group, rather than focusing too much time with roster tweakings - to fix issues, that can only be fix off the ice.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

I think following recent results unless we go on another streak and teams around us drop points that we will be sellers. 

Anaheim and LA seemed catchable but the gap is widening, 

Who I’m not sure, it depends if they want a tear down and rebuild or a retool. I can see benefits in trading miller, bb, horvat and Pearson but it really depends on what the vision is for after that. 

would I like a deep team with all players on elc or league min yes, but that only happens after years of success and being able to be contenders. We have to build up to it. 

while having core together is good, what you want to avoid is all players being almost the same ago. As they will all drop at a similar time and require years of rebuilding. You want to keep that core a similar age, so as players age up they are moved out for younger players in small bite size chunks