The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

On 3/10/2022 at 12:33 PM, Jester13 said:

Is Motte worth more than Highmore and Lammy combined? I don't think so. 

True, but you’re paying on previous contract. Kind of have to wait until their’s are due for comparative sake. 
It’s like saying “well, even at his current production the llama makes 750k so that’s all you’re worth too”. Not tangible unfortunately, haha

further to that, are the stoner and the llama as effective as they are because of Motte? One can argue that that’s the situation. The 3 are complimentary linemates who have finally established the 4th line we’ve been trying to put together for 2 seasons now. and while that’s awesome, in contrast it also drives their $ value up 

Edited by RWJC

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

True, but you’re paying on previous contract. Kind of have to wait until their’s are due for comparative sake. 
It’s like saying “well, even at his current production the llama makes 750k so that’s all you’re worth too”. Not tangible unfortunately, haha

further to that, are the stoner and the llama as effective as they are because of Motte? One can argue that that’s the situation. The 3 are complimentary linemates who have finally established the 4th line we’ve been trying to put together for 2 seasons now. and while that’s awesome, in contrast it also drives their $ value up 

Not gonna lie... I had to try and decipher who the llama and the stoner were in that post lmao

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

also... Schenn playing great again, perfect 7th D man to have for a cup run :)

Motte + Schenn for Cal Foote :)

that would be great. We'd have to retain 1/2 on Motte to make it work, and get back a cheapie F off Tampa's current roster. 

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

I don't see Motte as the catalyst for that line, personally. Highmore and Lammy are grinders, and good at it. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I think Motte is a good 4th liner but highly overrated in Canuckland.

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I don't see Motte as the catalyst for that line, personally. Highmore and Lammy are grinders, and good at it. I know I'll get flamed for saying this, but I think Motte is a good 4th liner but highly overrated in Canuckland.

Could be. But he’s also apparently sought after by other clubs knowing he needs to be re-upped. Ultimately just depends on what his next contact comes in at.

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Could be. But he’s also apparently sought after by other clubs knowing he needs to be re-upped. Ultimately just depends on what his next contact comes in at.

Apparently, he'll be looking for 3rd line minute pay, so around 2.5-3m, which he's simply not worth to us on the 4th line.

The thing about Motte is that he's a great 4th liner at less than 2m, but every time he's been slotted up to the 3rd he hasn't performed as good. To me, a 3rd liner needs to be able to slot up onto the 2nd line in order to get paid as a 3rd liner, like Pearson, but he hasn't shown he can be that guy.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Apparently, he'll be looking for 3rd line minute pay, so around 2.5-3m, which he's simply not worth to us on the 4th line.

The thing about Motte is that he's a great 4th liner at less than 2m, but every time he's been slotted up to the 3rd he hasn't performed as good. To me, a 3rd liner needs to be able to slot up onto the 2nd line in order to get paid as a 3rd liner, like Pearson, but he hasn't shown he can be that guy.

That’s a fair take 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Motte is 7th in ice time amongst Canucks forwards and has scored 17 goals over his last 82 games played (playoff bubble included). He's a little more than a 4th liner.

4 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Motte is 7th in ice time amongst Canucks forwards and has scored 17 goals over his last 82 games played (playoff bubble included). He's a little more than a 4th liner.

It sucks old socks we are going to very likely lose Motte because we have Dickinson eating up the money that should go to Motte.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, coryberg said:

You do realize you have to go back to the bubble to make up 82 games, right?

He's a great 4th liner and not-so-great 3rd liner. 

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

You do realize you have to go back to the bubble to make up 82 games, right?

He's a great 4th liner and not-so-great 3rd liner. 

I'm sorry... did I stutter?

1 hour ago, coryberg said: