The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

30 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If Motte goes, we have Podz to move up to 3rd line Left wing. After that , the Canucks need to buy a 4th line. 

___ahl__, Pedan Chiaison is not an NHL caliber line. 

Highmore Lammikko Lockwood

Didn’t even have to buy it….

15 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Lammiko is third line centre at the moment,Pedan is playing 4th line centre. The Canucks are a 3 line team .

I was more thinking for next year once the 3rd line is properly fixed.  This year should just be a sell off of some key guys to build organizational depth.

Watched Motte 

21 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

trade him already !!!!!

lol, but guys, Appleton went for a 4th, deslauriers for a 3rd, I'm doubtful we get a 2nd, these guys just not are valued as much as we think they are

Watched Motte for a few years and I think he's worth a second. But I think I'm off on that. A third or fourth is probably more likely. 

11 hours ago, rekker said:

Watched Motte 

Watched Motte for a few years and I think he's worth a second. But I think I'm off on that. A third or fourth is probably more likely. 

I would try for an extension. Very good chance a third or 4th doesn’t become an NHL regular 

I think we'll be active today, but other than Motte, there's really only Halak (needs to decide if he will waive) and Chiasson who are heading into UFA and have any type of trade value as rentals.

Everyone else is RFA and we have a much more flexible clock if the deals aren't there today on them.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm not that surprised by this.  There's no rush to move any of our bigger name players, and I doubt the other teams are gonna ante up with what would make it worth it for us to move guys.  Worst case, we continue to play poorly and move guys in the offseason.  Best case, the team gels and continues pushing forward and developing.