The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

On 3/12/2022 at 9:43 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Thr moment you trade Motte, you will be looking to find a player just like him. Popular teammate, low maintenance, competes every game, and has a heart of a lion. 

Sometimes when you have a good fit, dont let it go. As we should learn from the Toffoli and Tanev situation. 

Id be moving heaven and earth to get rid of Dickinson and Poolman to keep Motte. 

lockwood, but also UFAs and this is where pro scouting comes in

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Groundbreaking stuff Rick!

Canucks might consider trading Motte for a pick or they might not. More at 5!

A top-40 pick for a bottom-6 forward is quite the ask - they are apparently leaning towards keeping him as their own rental.

Motte prob asking for around 3M, which I think is too much for most teams, his agent asking for top 3rd line money which is like Pearson money. now I do not love Pearson, but Motte is not as good as Pearson, they are very different players but Pearson has better production, is more durable, has a cup and can play consistently in the top 6 

motte has value in his own right but not 3M worth 

9 minutes ago, mll said:

A top-40 pick for a bottom-6 forward is quite the ask - they are apparently leaning towards keeping him as their own rental.

A pick does nothing for us right now.

To replace Motte and what he brings is going to cost the same if not more in free agency. That’s how we end up with another Dickinson.

We don’t have anyone on the farm that can fill that role and that pick won’t likely make an impact for 5 years if at all.

Sign him for 2 mil long term (4 years). Just get it done.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Vintage 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

A pick does nothing for us right now.

To replace Motte and what he brings is going to cost the same if not more in free agency. That’s how we end up with another Dickinson.

We don’t have anyone on the farm that can fill that role and that pick won’t likely make an impact for 5 years if at all.

Sign him for 2 mil long term (4 years). Just get it done.

Don't really see Motte taking less than Dickinson's 2.65M.  Dickinson was also a RFA where prices are typically lower than for a UFA.

Just now, mll said:

Don't really see Motte taking less than Dickinson's 2.65M.  Dickinson was also a RFA where prices are typically lower than for a UFA.

You also have to factor in some kind of discount that Motte would hopefully give.

I mean he really found himself here and has even become a spokesman for mental health for us.

I see it coming down to term with him more than salary. I think between 2-2.5 on a longer deal gets it done.

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Groundbreaking stuff Rick!

Canucks might consider trading Motte for a pick or they might not. More at 5!

Well, it could be Podkolzin, or Boeser, or any other name not Motte… 

Should we bail out Dum_a$$?

Motte, Schenn & Spencer Martin

For Ilya Mikheyev & their 2022 1st rd pick

You gotta figure the Laffs keep sinking. They won't beat TBay/FLO first rd. Could get a pick in the late teens. Analytics nerd is getting desperate.

edit: would only consider if we lose one of the next two - then we'd best sell, get youth & sort out the cap.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

49 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You also have to factor in some kind of discount that Motte would hopefully give.

I mean he really found himself here and has even become a spokesman for mental health for us.

I see it coming down to term with him more than salary. I think between 2-2.5 on a longer deal gets it done.

You need to try to find the "next Motte" either via trade, a college/euro UFA etc.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

You need to try to find the "next Motte" either via trade, a college/euro UFA etc.

Potentially a spot that could be filled by Will Lockwood...may not score as much as Motte right away but he is fast and a real pain in the butt to play against.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yup, moving out a player was how we nabbed Motte to begin with. 

If you wanna pay high end guys you've got to integrate ELC guys who can play. We should be eying Lockwood or Jasek to potentially step in. 

I don't see how pending UFA Motte doesn't ask for Dickinson money. 

23 minutes ago, Podz92 said:

Potentially a spot that could be filled by Will Lockwood...may not score as much as Motte right away but he is fast and a real pain in the butt to play against.

That's what I'd be looking to do. I like Motte, but we can't keep everyone. 

If he stays, cool, but I'm totally open to moving him out for the right price too.