The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tyler Motte drawing interest

Just now, HKSR said:

We just claimed Brad Richardson.  I think Motto line is the new 3rd line.  We're gonna build up a 4th line and truly stack the Top 6.

Love that claim.

Always liked Richardson’s game and now we don’t have to have Petan as a fourth line center!

• Cheers 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Warm, 4th line, NHL body through the last twenty whatever games. 

I think it makes sense to load up on the Top 6, and make the Motto line the 3rd line while using Richardson and scraps to fill out a 4th line.

Allows us to dump Dickinson, Pearson, and probably Hogs

Garland-Petey-Podz

Miller-Bo-Boeser

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

4W-Richardson-4W

Would save a lot of cap going down this path.  Pearson has value and can be moved.  Hogs could very well be a sweetener needed to move on from Dickinson.

Lockwood gets his chance this way.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, HKSR said:

I think it makes sense to load up on the Top 6, and make the Motto line the 3rd line while using Richardson and scraps to fill out a 4th line.

Allows us to dump Dickinson, Pearson, and probably Hogs

Garland-Petey-Podz

Miller-Bo-Boeser

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

4W-Richardson-4W

Would save a lot of cap going down this path.  Pearson has value and can be moved.  Hogs could very well be a sweetener needed to move on from Dickinson.

Lockwood gets his chance this way.

I don't see Motte for re-signing under $2m. I don't see the Canucks signing him for more.

Chances are, he's getting moved. Sorry bruh.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

I don't see Motte for re-signing under $2m. I don't see the Canucks signing him for more.

Chances are, he's getting moved. Sorry bruh.

I think he gets between $2M to 2.5M.  Less than $6M on a 3rd line is fantastic bang for the buck.  With a roster built like this, there would be $5M+ for a Top 4 RHD via UFA.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think he gets between $2M to 2.5M.  Less than $6M on a 3rd line is fantastic bang for the buck.  With a roster built like this, there would be $5M+ for a Top 4 RHD via UFA.

He's not a 3rd liner bruh...

"Motte's" should max out at about $1.8m. More than that and it's time to find "next Motte". Can you see Tampa pay Motte $2.5m?

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The 2 cup favorites,Tampa and the Avs spend under 3 on their 4 line. Florida is funny because the have Patric Hörnqvist being overpayed, but their other 2 under under a million. Flames spend over due to Lucic, much like the Panthers.

I feel like the league has shifted to a value 4th line being around 3 million if a roster is constructed well. I know you said 3rd line, but even as well as that line has played if they are our 3rd line we have much bigger issues then cost.

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

The 2 cup favorites,Tampa and the Avs spend under 3 on their 4 line. Florida is funny because the have Patric Hörnqvist being overpayed, but their other 2 under under a million. Flames spend over due to Lucic, much like the Panthers.

I feel like the league has shifted to a value 4th line being around 3 million if a roster is constructed well. I know you said 3rd line, but even as well as that line has played if they are our 3rd line we have much bigger issues then cost.

That's why I said the Motto line needs to be our 3rd line, then build a 4th line around guys making $1M or less each. 

Assuming Motte is re-signed:

Garland-Petey-Podz

Miller-Bo-Boeser

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

4W-Richardson-4W

Allows us to unload Pearson, Dickinson, and Hogs.  There's enough cap savings here to add a $5M UFA RHD if we wanted to this offseason.

Just now, HKSR said:

That's why I said the Motto line needs to be our 3rd line, then build a 4th line around guys making $1M or less each. 

Garland-Petey-Podz

Miller-Bo-Boeser

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

4W-Richardson-4W

Allows us to unload Pearson, Dickinson, and Hogs.  There's enough cap savings here to add a $5M UFA RHD if we wanted to this offseason.

And that's what I'm saying, if that's the lineup we're planning on going ahead with, at least we have a good chance at Bedard. The Motto line has been great, don't get me wrong. But that's not an NHL 3rd line.

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

"Motte's" should max out at about $1.8m. More than that and it's time to find "next Motte". Can you see Tampa pay Motte $2.5m?

this is the most arbitrary nonsense I've ever read. says who? what defines a "motte"? $1.8 in 2016 or 2022 or 2028 or regardless of context? what's the significance of $1.8?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Why not bruh?  He was on pace for nearly 20 goals last year, and on pace for 12 goals this year.  I'd say Motte is good for 10 - 15 goals.  Lamikko and Highmore are good for around 10 goals each.  That's solid production from a 3rd line that brings energy and checking ability.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

And that's what I'm saying, if that's the lineup we're planning on going ahead with, at least we have a good chance at Bedard. The Motto line has been great, don't get me wrong. But that's not an NHL 3rd line.

Lamikko - 10 goals

Highmore - 10 goals

Motte - 10-15 goals

That's pretty solid for a 3rd line.  What are you expecting?  15-20 goals each?

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Garland-Petey-Podz

Miller-Bo-Boeser

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

4W-Richardson-4W

Hogs isn't going anywhere. The others OK.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Lamikko - 10 goals

Highmore - 10 goals

Motte - 10-15 goals

That's pretty solid for a 3rd line.  What are you expecting?  15-20 goals each?

Highmore has 4 goals on an over achieving line. Lammy may hit 10, but again this line is vastly overachieving this year. Motte has never even reached 10 in his career do mostly to injuries, but still something that has to be considered.

Like I keep saying, they have played fantastic this year, that doesn't change the fact they are not 3rd line players. Motte could be the only player that's debatable, but he's still a 4th line player on a good team. If you think Highmore and Lamikko are 3rd line wingers in the NHL that's cool, I definitely do not. 

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Highmore has 4 goals on an over achieving line. Lammy may hit 10, but again this line is vastly overachieving this year. Motte has never even reached 10 in his career do mostly to injuries, but still something that has to be considered.

Like I keep saying, they have played fantastic this year, that doesn't change the fact they are not 3rd line players. Motte could be the only player that's debatable, but he's still a 4th line player on a good team. If you think Highmore and Lamikko are 3rd line wingers in the NHL that's cool, I definitely do not. 

Why is it that whenever something is working well on the Canucks, it is overachieving?  LMAO.  That's such a weak way to simply dismiss what is actually happening.

Motte was theoretically on pace for 20 last season.