The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sunday, Jan 23/22 St. Louis Blues @ Vancouver Canucks 7:00 Rogers Arena SNPTV SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Yes, right.  Trade him when his value is the absolute lowest.

Well, when else? People have to be able to make the most of their claims regarding "poor asset management", right?  :P

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Where you probably danced like this 

b9c872ed694c3a336e8cbb2b7288e80a06b378d09a96356cedb5b326ea90daf5._SX1080_.jpg

I actually did dance like that at our Grade 7 dance back in the day.    

Her name was Nadia and I had a crush on her since Grade 5. There was also Vanessa.  Mmm…Vanessa.(Back then, not now! I’ve shared/said too much!) 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Disagree 1st goal went down to early which allowed him to get beat over the shoulder 2nd goal cheated to much over to his left you can see right before his left pad is on the outside of the post, had been In position would have been able to get there to make the save and the 3rd goal everyone agrees was horrid

Disagree the first goal was a first rate tip. The second goal would have gone in on most NHL goalies. 
they out shot then but we’re not really dangerous. Husso played well but didn’t have to play great. 

Edited by mikeyman109

1 minute ago, x00x said:

he wasnt very good either lol

I mean first or second NHL game. Give him a break. 

How would you do on your first or second time around in a pro setting at your job? Assuming you have one and aren’t a Cheetos munching couch potato. 

• Haha 2

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

Disagree the first goal was a first rate tip. The second goal would have gone in on most NHL goalies. 
they out shot then but we’re not really dangerous. Hudson played well but didn’t have to play great. 

I am not taking away anything from the tip I'll agree it was a gorgeous tip but if mikey doesn't go down to early he makes that save imho 2nd save most veteran goalies wouldn't be that committed over. I guess I should say the kid didnt do himself any favors instead of saying he was the sole reason we lost 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Husso has outplayed Binnington and taken the starter job from him. 

Husso is the better goalie. 

You need to research a little more about your team’s adversary. 

lol husso have outplayed binnington sure.. but he mostly played weak opponents.. but i wouldn't say he taken the starter job from binnington lol. he's hot the last couple of games.. but before the start of 2022.. he's only 3-2-1.. he's now 8-2-1 after tonight.. 3 of the win coming against canucks and the kraken?? his only win against tough opponents were washington and nashville.. but 6 of his 8 wins are against lesser opponents.. the canucks, krakens, sharks, kings, columbus.. i think if you swap the goalies around for those games.. they probably would swap on the stats too.. 

6 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Disagree 1st goal went down to early which allowed him to get beat over the shoulder 2nd goal cheated to much over to his left you can see right before his left pad is on the outside of the post, had been In position would have been able to get there to make the save and the 3rd goal everyone agrees was horrid

Tomcruise Laugh Laughing Freetoedit Tom Cruise Laughing, Face, Person,  Smile, Teeth Transparent Png – Pngset.com

So fifth string goalie lets in 3 goals in an NHL game and you're mad?

Get a grip.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Agree, all I'm getting to is that he was potentially in a position to be slaughtered tonight and he only cut some bad cuts.  I certainly wouldn't sign him uo to a contract tomorrow!

that is true, if he had more shots against, im sure the score be 7-1 , everytime a shot went on him i cringed lol

• Cheers 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

lol husso have outplayed binnington sure.. but he mostly played weak opponents.. but i wouldn't say he taken the starter job from binnington lol. he's hot the last couple of games.. but before the start of 2022.. he's only 3-2-1.. he's now 8-2-1 after tonight.. 3 of the win coming against canucks and the kraken?? his only win against tough opponents were washington and nashville.. but 6 of his 8 wins are against lesser opponents.. the canucks, krakens, sharks, kings, columbus.. i think if you swap the goalies around for those games.. they probably would swap on the stats too.. 

Husso played the last 3 games straight. 

That’s not a backup role. That’s what we call a starter. 

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

I am not taking away anything from the tip I'll agree it was a gorgeous tip but if mikey doesn't go down to early he makes that save imho 2nd save most veteran goalies wouldn't be that committed over. I guess I should say the kid didnt do himself any favors instead of saying he was the sole reason we lost 

This I totally agree with.

But We can’t score and the issue is we can’t score. If Demko gives up more than 2 goals we can’t win. Dipietro is not anything close to Demko yet and this we didn’t win the game. But we won’t win many games 1-0

Edited by mikeyman109
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

His points mostly came from the powerplay and from Miller feeding him passes. Without Miller, Boeser generates nothing.

He had 8 PP goals… scorings been down across the board this year. Miller and Hughes are the only exceptions

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

I am not mad? But was this kid not supposed to be Demkos backup in the future? I am saying as a fellow goalie i didnt like how he played lmao

Nope not at all man. I agree he looked a little shaken but it's not like he had any warning he was playing .. again for the second time. What do you expect out of a third rounder, instant greatness? The third goal was stoppable but blaming him for the tip is ridiculous. You're holding him to super high standards for absolutely no reason.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

He had 8 PP goals… scorings been down across the board this year. Miller and Hughes are the only exceptions

Boeser is a shooter. To have success he needs playmakers to make a play to him. Bossy wasn’t a play maker either. He was a shooter also. Yes he is dependant on Miller and Petey to set him up. Many players have been like that Over the years.