The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday, January 27, 2022 Vancouver Canucks (18-19-5) @ Winnipeg Jets (17-15-7) at 5:00 on SNPTV and SNP650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

really wanting Martin to be our backup going forward. 

Same here, him, Will Lockwood, Jack Rathbone, Juho Lammikko, Matthew Highmore, and Tyler Motte are all guys that I really want to re-sign this summer. 

13 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Is Miller getting better as he ages. He could be the type of player who produces at a high level into his mid thirties. 

If he gets moved there needs to be 3 to 4 quality pieces coming back.

Definitely 3-4 pieces of quality has to come back. Is one of those quality pieces a 1st round pick? 

If Boeser is moved, I would not mind attempting to retain Miller, but only if he’s willing to sign long term. If he doesn’t say anything, before the deadline in March, then I think you gotta move him. Take a step back, before taking two steps forward. 

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Probably get him at league minimum. I'd even consider a 2 year deal, worst case if he's not the backup he could be an organizational soldier like Bachman was. 

Though the way he's playing.... maybe you could get something for him at the deadline??? Who knows. 

I wouldn't move him for a late pick. He's worth keeping. 

2 year deal 1 million per year. 

Ian Clark loves this type of goalie with his size and length. 

Clarke would make him a legit solid backup.

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ego.

Legit question, how do you look like that? Like Jaba the Hut, where your neck and face merge.. its unreal to see its completely unbelievable that someone who is so accomplished proffesionally as a super star lawyer is would allow them selves to look like that with all the time and money In the world to fix it.

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Same here, him, Will Lockwood, Jack Rathbone, Juho Lammikko, Matthew Highmore, and Tyler Motte are all guys that I really want to re-sign this summer. 

Don’t think any of those guys will be too expensive to resign, so should be pretty easy. The most difficult out of that bunch could be Motte. 

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Legit question, how do you look like that? Like Jaba the Hut, where your neck and face merge.. its unreal to see its completely unbelievable that someone who is so accomplished proffesionally as a super star lawyer is would allow them selves to look like that with all the time and money In the world to fix it.

Thyroid? I dunno.

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Martin is a FA next year and with his current performance, his price will just keep going up.  

If you can get something in return for Martin, do you do it? 

Assuming Halak doesn’t waive to leave. 

• Cheers 1