The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] If the Canucks do trade Miller, what do you expect the return will be? Not what you want, not what you think is fair, what player or package do you think we will receive?

nameci

Late first, top 4 dman, third line winger. Top 4 dman is a prospect, winger is a contract without term.

I've said it before though the potential Miller trade is only step 1.

For example, can JR dump two contracts because of the above trade which results in an additional acquisition?

Edited by Chris12345

8 minutes ago, nameci said:

Newhook, Barron and Gompher from Colorado

not sure who Gompher is, do you mean JT Compher?

If we get presented  that offer I think we have to take it, don't think Sakic will offer it tho. Maybe he offers Jost, Barron and a 2nd? I would still take a deal without Newhook, Jost, Barron and a 1st is what I would want in 2023. Load up 1sts in 2023 to try and get a lotto pick and a chance at Bedard?

I don't think we will hit a home run with JT, but I think we should trade him. If JT Miller is an elite player...then the Canucks are in a world of trouble if they sign him long term to big $$$. for the Canucks to be successful and a cup contender they need EP40 to get back to his former form and take another step. Boeser needs to sign a lower than his QO deal and he needs to get a skating coach, or we trade him.

ANy return for JT should have tghe biggest piece coming back be a young RHD or C then add a 1st round pick. If we get something else that is a bonus

just an e.g.

Roster Player (for cap reasons) - Debrusk

Prospect - Lysell

1st (late)

Edit - to note: I'm not sure Miller gets the haul we're all hoping for (Schneider, Lafreniere, even Carlo etc)

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Vegas Canuck,

if you can’t add anything  positive to a topic, don’t bother posting.  Nobody is impressed in the least with your perpetually negative attitude.  I hope your friend(s) don’t find you as tedious and repetitive as I do, but I’m sure they do.  Come up with your own post, when/if you ever have anything worthwhile to say and see if it generates the activity that mine do.

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, nameci said:

Vegas Canuck,

if you can’t add anything  positive to a topic, don’t bother posting.  Nobody is impressed in the least with your perpetually negative attitude.  I hope your friend(s) don’t find you as tedious and repetitive as I do, but I’m sure they do.  Come up with your own post, when/if you ever have anything worthwhile to say and see if it generates the activity that mine do.

Dude, he was right. This has been discussed to no end in many different places, and you started a new topic and didn't even take the time to get one of the players names right. Not only that, but they asked the question in the most polite way possible and you were the one that came out swinging.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Upvote 3

Shayster, if this was the first time he made such a post, I wouldn’t be so upset.  Unfortunately it is a pattern.  The last time he sent me a “politely negative” post, I explained that I spend most of my time in bed with terminal pancreatic cancer and my entertainment options are few.  This time I wasn’t so polite.  If I choose to post something in the midst of my confinement, it is my right to do so. I don’t need anybody’s permission and I frankly think his response, while “polite”, it was unwarrented.   If someone doesn’t like the topic, they don’t need to read it.  I think it’s simply a case that VC and I have too much time on our hands.  

2 hours ago, EmilyM said:

I think if we add Schenn to give them cheap injury insurance on RD (especially considering Fox is out right now) it makes it more palatable for the Rangers.

Luke Schenn is as close to untradeable as it gets for me.  He has been outstanding, make Hughes better, and fills our biggest needs (physicality, RD) for under 1 mil.  We need more Schenns, not less.  No way that we would ever get fair value back for him.

• Cheers 2