The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller and Boeser again...

HKSR

So just for fun...

Sounds like Minny would like to unload Fiala.

To VAN:

Fiala

Greenway

Addison

To MIN:

Miller

Motte

Rathbone

I know Minny just signed Greenway, but they get Motte in exchange.  Obviously the big ticket is Miller, who can provide centre depth for them that they are seriously lacking.  Addison and Rathbone are a wash.  Both unproven, both under 6'0", just that Addison is RHD vs Rathbone as LHD.

Canucks get Fiala, which enables them to follow-up with the following trade...

To VAN:

Zacha

Bahl

To NJD:

Boeser

3rd Round Pick

NJD are sniffing around Garland, so clearly are looking for an offensive minded winger.  Canucks now have Fiala, so can afford to unload Boeser to NJD for Zacha.  Boeser gives Hughes a real sniper to play with.  Canucks also acquire monster of a defenceman Bahl to replace LHD depth lost from Rathbone.  With Hughes and OEL playing offensive style minutes, Bahl is a perfect compliment for the 3rd pairing.

In 2 years, Mayfield is a UFA... sign him up for $5M AAV.

Fiala-Petey-Podkolzin

Garland-Zacha-Greenway

Pearson-Bo-Dickinson

Highmore-Lamikko-Lockwood/ELC

Hughes-Mayfield

OEL-Myers

Bahl-Poolman/Burroughs

Yeesh, what a bruising defence core... I'd hate to play against a defence group like that.

Man, Dickinson and Poolman need to go... such a waste of cap and roster space.

CapFialaZacha.jpg.dcb95455a4f0e5d41db97dd5c09e1958.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

Zacha isn't close to a 2C, he'd pretty much be another Pearson to us.

Bahl would be competing with Rathbone next season for playing time, doesn't really fill a need with what we already have locked up on LD.

(edit: just noticed you traded away Rathbone so it makes a bit more sense, but the package still isn't very tantalizing)

Mayfield is not close to a 5M player. That right side you have is plain bad.

Minnesota just signed Greenway.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I feel like I'm in the minority who isn't overly impressed by Greenway (solid player, but nothing special).

He's a guy you want on your team in the playoffs. You can plant him infront of the net like Bickel Buff and no body can do anything about it.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

He's a guy you want on your team in the playoffs. You can plant him infront of the net like Bickel Buff and no body can do anything about it.

I'd rather take Foligno from Minny. At least he's tough, Greenway is a gentle giant 

Don't like Foligno's age nor should we trade him him given his age. Just my 2c

Edited by Outsiders

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I'd rather take Foligno from Minny. At least he's tough, Greenway is a gentle giant 

Don't like Foligno's age nor should we trade him him given his age. Just my 2c

Is that the Foligno Dumbass gave up a top 20 pick to rent for a few games last spring?  

Wonder if the Coyoytes would do a 1 for 2 swap.

To Arizona- Boeser + Rathbone

To Vancouver- Chychrun

We get a young solid all around d-man with upside, great skater and size, for a reasonable cost controlled cap hit. Arizona gets a pure goal scorer which they desperately need. They can afford his 7.5 mill qualifying offer and this contract will help them get to the cap floor. Reuniting Boeser and Schmaltz, who had success at the collegiate level playing together, could be a nice fit for them. Plus they get a decent d-prospect to try and develop in Rathbone.

Edited by KirkSave

1 hour ago, KirkSave said:

Wonder if the Coyoytes would do a 1 for 2 swap.

To Arizona- Boeser + Rathbone

To Vancouver- Chychrun

We get a young solid all around d-man with upside, great skater and size, for a reasonable cost controlled cap hit. Arizona gets a pure goal scorer which they desperately need. They can afford his 7.5 mill qualifying offer and this contract will help them get to the cap floor. Reuniting Boeser and Schmaltz, who had success at the collegiate level playing together, could be a nice fit for them. Plus they get a decent d-prospect to try and develop in Rathbone.

Zacha isn't such a downgrade on Miller. IMO BB is better then Fiala.    These trades make little sense, end up with a bunch of older players still carrying the mail and the team gets worse without any real youth pushing us up.    No thanks.  We lose these trades, all it does is help our cap, and even then not really. We'd be much better off trading Miller and BB away for straight futures then this deal.