The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-NJD

Boeser is an elite player but I don't think he will be worth his qualifying offer and with us already struggling with the cap Id consider this trade or something similar from another team.

NJD get

Boeser

Brisebois

3rd

Vancouver gets

Pavel Zacha

Nolan Foote

Shakir Mukhamadulin

Edited by RetroCanuck

• RetroCanuck changed the title to [Proposal] VAN-NJD
10 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Boeser is an elite player but I don't think he will be worth his qualifying offer and with us already struggling with the cap Id consider this trade or something similar from another team.

NJD get

Boeser

Brisebois

3rd

Vancouver gets

Pavel Zacha

Nolan Foote

Shakir Mukhamadulin

Would take this deal if they give it. Good proposal.

So you don't think Brock will be worth his QO...... 

But we somehow get a former 6oa power fwd and 2x 21 and under 1st round picks who are behemoths and all we need to add is a dash of Brisebois and sprinkle a 3rd. 

Zacha and Foote might be doable? I don't think you get Shak he's a damn good prospect.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

So you don't think Brock will be worth his QO...... but we somehow get a former 6oa power fwd and 2x 21 and under 1st round picks

That's trueee lol... "elite" and "not worth his contract" rarely go together (unless your last name is Westbrook).
If we can sign him and then trade him just so that there's contractual certainty for the Devils then I think they would be more inclined to do this.  That being said, I agree that it might be a bit much for Zacha plus two * 1st round picks.  Zacha + Shak might already be a stretch (GM of the year for Rutherford if he can pull it off, or can find a way to swap Mercer in there if they don't want to move either Zacha or Shak).  

Boeser is a tricky trade.  That QO is a hammer he can use to get him right to UFA if he so desires. 

My gut tells me he wants to stay a Canuck, but at what price? A more team friendly deal would certainly help that cause.  If not, he might just play hard to get, wait for that QO and play next year out/bet in himself.  

I dont think teams will be that interested in him unless they can get him locked in, or treat him as a rental/maybe get a longer deal worked out.  In that case, his trade value will be significantly lower. 

If we're trading Brock I think you want some real quality back, and this team needs it on the blueline. I wonder if there's a Boeser for Luke Hughes trade there, NJD would have to give up something like a roster player just because of how unproven Luke is so far. Boeser + pick for Hughes + Zacha?

We're really lacking a strong, all-round defenceman on the left side in our prospect pool. OEL is pushing 30 and once he slows down, Hughes and Rathbone are all we have. Surprise surprise is that neither of them are big, strong or kill penalties. Luke on the left side would solve a lot of those problems and form a nice progression of our defencemen, especially if Rathbone can play on his off-side.

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we're trading Brock I think you want some real quality back, and this team needs it on the blueline. I wonder if there's a Boeser for Luke Hughes trade there, NJD would have to give up something like a roster player just because of how unproven Luke is so far. Boeser + pick for Hughes + Zacha?

We're really lacking a strong, all-round defenceman on the left side in our prospect pool. OEL is pushing 30 and once he slows down, Hughes and Rathbone are all we have. Surprise surprise is that neither of them are big, strong or kill penalties. Luke on the left side would solve a lot of those problems and form a nice progression of our defencemen, especially if Rathbone can play on his off-side.

0% chance NJ moves Hughes.  Jack and Luke are the cornerstone of that franchise.

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Too bad we don’t make a last push to Tryamkin. He would solve some (not all) the needs.

30 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Too bad we don’t make a last push to Tryamkin. He would solve some (not all) the needs.

He’s signed for another year after this one with his KHL team and Vancouver lose his rights this summer.  Move on. It’s over