The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Andrei Kuzmenko

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Makes sense financially, especially if making the most money and getting the largest pay day is Kuzmenko’s ultimate goal. 

Yeah exactly. He can only sign a one year entry level contract and then be a UFA next year. He'd be dumb not to try to maximize his offensive output. Producing as a passenger even is going to be a skill that gets him paid. 

Probably waiting for EDM to be eliminated, and whether or not they're keeping Kane

1 hour ago, .Naslund said:

Yeah exactly. He can only sign a one year entry level contract and then be a UFA next year. He'd be dumb not to try to maximize his offensive output. Producing as a passenger even is going to be a skill that gets him paid. 

Probably waiting for EDM to be eliminated, and whether or not they're keeping Kane

They'll need to wait on the outcome of the grievance hearing in case his contract gets reinstated.  

7 hours ago, .Naslund said:

He would have to do more than just get gimme points playing with McDavid.

He’ll want a place where he can get that number 1 powerplay unit time. That will be alot tougher in Edmonton that already has one of the best powerplays in the league. He’s not just gonna stroll in and be handed a spot there.

Vancouver had a top 10 powerplay but often had different players like Chiasson, Garland, and Boeser cycling in and out. There’s definitely a spot there to steal for him if he can prove himself in camp. That’s where he’s gonna get the majority of his points that will equal a bigger payday.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Here's my opinion on this guy. I think he'd be a nice test to see if he can transition to the NHL, but we need to keep in mind, he's not a 20 year old who just put up awesome numbers in the KHL, he's 26 and now in his prime. His Prime in the KHL, is just over a point per game on a much looser schedule than what he'll have to adapt to in the NHL.

I see this guy as a 3rd line, 25 - 30 point per season guy in the NHL who likely gets some 2nd unit power play time.

His first contract is the standard 1 year, league maximum for ELC, 2nd year is 2 - 2.5 million per.

Again, I think he'd be a really nice player to add for depth, but career wise, he's not the second coming of Bure or anything even remotely close.

Hope he signs here, but not going to lose any sleep over it if he doesn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Here's my opinion on this guy. I think he'd be a nice test to see if he can transition to the NHL, but we need to keep in mind, he's not a 20 year old who just put up awesome numbers in the KHL, he's 26 and now in his prime. His Prime in the KHL, is just over a point per game on a much looser schedule than what he'll have to adapt to in the NHL.

I see this guy as a 3rd line, 25 - 30 point per season guy in the NHL who likely gets some 2nd unit power play time.

His first contract is the standard 1 year, league maximum for ELC, 2nd year is 2 - 2.5 million per.

Again, I think he'd be a really nice player to add for depth, but career wise, he's not the second coming of Bure or anything even remotely close.

Yeah. I mean I guess you never know right? Sometimes players are late bloomers. Is this guy a late bloomer?

If he can put up 45-50 points, that’s borderline top six production isn’t it? I’d say yes to that. 

4 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't think he'll be anywhere near Kaprizov's level, but I think you're underselling him a fair amount. I see a 50 point guy. 60 wouldn't even surprise me much.

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I mean I guess you never know right? Sometimes players are late bloomers. Is this guy a late bloomer?

If he can put up 45-50 points, that’s borderline top six production isn’t it? I’d say yes to that. 

I'm not saying no to the idea of bringing him in, I'm just stating what my expectations are. Middle 6, 25 - 30 point per year guy.

9 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I don't think he'll be anywhere near Kaprizov's level, but I think you're underselling him a fair amount. I see a 50 point guy. 60 wouldn't even surprise me much.

IF we get him, I really hope you're right!

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, dontaylorforprez said:

Wonder if the blunders of the conference finals waiver Kozmenko’s opinion of the oilers now?

Or maybe he’s thinking he has a much better shot at earning a spot in the top 6?

Puljujarvi is as good as gone and I don’t see them hanging on to Kassian.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Puljujarvi is as good as gone

You think so eh? Just out of curiosity, why do you think so? Is it his because of his production (or lack thereof) relative to what he's expected to make on his next contract, or because the Oil simply can't afford him?

He's definitely an interesting case, but I'm a big believer in him. He looks big and awkward out there, but so did Nichushkin for a long time. I have this fantasy that we'll offer sheet him this summer...

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Holy that would be incredible. Looks more like a 30-40 point guy to me. I'm not that excited about his trajectory. This is the only year he scored more than 37 points ... in Russia. He does seem like a goal scorer though. 13,12,14,18,20, in the last 5 years. I'd be pretty ecstatic with a 15-15 year to be honest.

Of course I don't know much anyone else doesn't. Kaprizov only had 5 more points in his last year but way better goal totals. Kuzmenko has decent size too but who knows if he can play a bottom 6 role if need be. Doubtful. Mostly like @VegasCanuck I find most of the Russian players flame out despite similar hype every year.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

You think so eh? Just out of curiosity, why do you think so? Is it his because of his production (or lack thereof) relative to what he's expected to make on his next contract, or because the Oil simply can't afford him?

He's definitely an interesting case, but I'm a big believer in him. He looks big and awkward out there, but so did Nichushkin for a long time. I have this fantasy that we'll offer sheet him this summer...

Iv been on team JP since the draft ( I was we would win the lotto and take him). Guy has so much potential still. Who ever takes a flyer on him and trade (or offer sheets him) I think will make off like a bandit long term.

I'm 100% on board trying to land him some how.

This is really dragging on like The Bachelor show!! What could be discussed in 2nd interviews that was not covered in the last??  Restaurant options in DT? Penthouse suite covered? Free flights back to Russia?? Promise to sign/acquire more Russian guys like Mikheylev and Kratvsov? I'm pretty sure in our sales pitch we already assured him of his role, ice time, top PP unit and possible linemates... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

This is really dragging on like The Bachelor show!! What could be discussed in 2nd interviews that was not covered in the last??  Restaurant options in DT? Penthouse suite covered? Free flights back to Russia?? Promise to sign/acquire more Russian guys like Mikheylev and Kratvsov? I'm pretty sure in our sales pitch we already assured him of his role, ice time, top PP unit and possible linemates... 

He could be just getting a better feel for where he wants to go. It seems to me that would be a good idea after gaining some information and a feel for the landscape. Now he can go back and clear up anything that came to mind/concerns or follow up questions after processing the interviews. You ever have an interview and then figured you forgot something after?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

to Seattle for a goalie?

Seattle had the worse goalie tandem in the league when accounting for environment per CSA - Grubauer and Driedger both finished in the bottom-3.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

He could be just getting a better feel for where he wants to go. It seems to me that would be a good idea after gaining some information and a feel for the landscape. Now he can go back and clear up anything that came to mind/concerns or follow up questions after processing the interviews. You ever have an interview and then figured you forgot something after?

Hmmmm that's different though... In job interviews, it's mostly one sided where you get multiple rounds of grilling on your skillset and fit...