The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks interested in Jacob Chychrun as a TDL acquisition

Odd.

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Just Boeser.

We need capspace.

Klimovich can come up and get some time.

As someone who has gone to many Abbotsford games and has watched a lot of Klimovich, I can safely tell you Klimovich is nowhere near NHL ready right now. He needs at least another season in the AHL before getting a shot at the NHL.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

maybe the yotes are dumb enough to give us crouse too. 

that club has no idea how to develop players. 

Actually a stupid franchise. Trading Chychrun is not smart. He’s a guy you build around. 

Essentially they are doubling up on a rebuild and have no guarantees they will get a future defencemen back of his caliber 

• Upvote 1

Personally, I think Arizona's plan for the next couple of seasons is to run as close to the cap floor as humanly possible, without going under it.

Considering they have a tentative agreement to move into a 5,000 seat arena while they figure out if they can get enough support on board to build another arena, I can't see them being willing to do anything more than bare minimum.

For Chychrun, they won't want to take players back in cap unless they are on cheap contracts for the next couple of years.

Hoglander would probably interest them as well as potentially Dickinson, if the Canucks were willing to retain salary, as they will need to come out to less salary that they are spending now.

My guess would be that they would be looking for (not endorsing this, just my guess), Hoglander, Dickinson, Klimovich, 2nd round pick 2023 for Chychrun. I think that would be the type of package that they would be looking for in terms of overall value.

11 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

As someone who has gone to many Abbotsford games and has watched a lot of Klimovich, I can safely tell you Klimovich is nowhere near NHL ready right now. He needs at least another season in the AHL before getting a shot at the NHL.

Not think of it as a shot, but at least 4 - 5 games as a curve,.  And of course putting a little extra cash in his pocket for work in the Summer :) 

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Personally, I think Arizona's plan for the next couple of seasons is to run as close to the cap floor as humanly possible, without going under it.

Considering they have a tentative agreement to move into a 5,000 seat arena while they figure out if they can get enough support on board to build another arena, I can't see them being willing to do anything more than bare minimum.

For Chychrun, they won't want to take players back in cap unless they are on cheap contracts for the next couple of years.

Hoglander would probably interest them as well as potentially Dickinson, if the Canucks were willing to retain salary, as they will need to come out to less salary that they are spending now.

My guess would be that they would be looking for (not endorsing this, just my guess), Hoglander, Dickinson, Klimovich, 2nd round pick 2023 for Chychrun. I think that would be the type of package that they would be looking for in terms of overall value.

They do need to control their actual costs and get to the cap floor. So you're thinking is correct. 

If they do that deal above, it's a no brainer from the Canucks perspective. Essentially (3) 2nd round picks and Dickinson. Taking a look at their team on paper for next season, they need a boat load of forwards on reasonable contracts. They already have 8 picks in the first 2 rounds for this upcoming draft, so more picks doesn't do much more for them. 

11 minutes ago, billabong said:

in any chychrun deal, boeser and/or hoglander along with a 1st round pick +++ would be involved going the other way.

are we in a position to trading 1st rounders for a 3rd time in recent memory? 

:frantic:

Depends what we get back in a Miller trade.

If we can trade Miller to New York for Schneider, Chytil, and a 1st then trade our 1st plus Hoglander and some other pieces it would be worth it.

Suddenly in two trades our D has been rebuilt. Plus we keep a 1st and a young center to replace Miller.

Hughes Schneider 

Chychrun Myers

OEL Hamonic/Schenn/Burroughs

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Boeser+Hoglander+Rathbone+2023 1st

for

Crouse+Chychrun+ worst 2022 2nd

Thats a deal I like, but i still stand by that they need bodies for next year. 

Add Dickinson and remove Rathbone. That gives them 3 Top 9 Skaters. 

They'd be crazy to give up Crouse though. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HC20.0 said:

The Canucks need to let the young guys develop properly. That's why Rathbone hasn't been called up either (before his injury). I have a feeling that in order for a prospect to get into the Canucks lineup, they're going to have to kick down the door.  

I do like the idea of adding Chychrun, but he's not the best skater, so I really wonder if this is just a rumour to garner more interest from teams like NYR and BOS

I thought about a possible offer sheet for an RFA earlier (Tkachuk), but then realized JR is not going to give CGY or any team their 1sts.  I'm assuming ARI would want a 1st in the trade for Chychrun?  Then it's not happening. 

If they traded Miller or Horvat or Boeser, etc. then I hope they bring in a Dman

NYR - Braden Schneider or K'Andre Miller

BOS - Brandon Carlo or Charlie McAvoy

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Thats a deal I like, but i still stand by that they need bodies for next year. 

Add Dickinson and remove Rathbone. That gives them 3 Top 9 Skaters. 

They'd be crazy to give up Crouse though. 

I think rathbone would be very key to the deal for AZ.

If you add Dickinson, and remove their 2nd, it may fly.  

I doubt they take the deal I offered, so making it worse probably kills any chance.