The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks exploring Tyler Myers trade

brian42

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

hopefully Allvin and management understands that. 

I’m sure they do. The real question may be - Does Aquaman want to pay the $5 million bonus?

Historically, ownership has shown that they are willing to pay, and overpay, in order to try and reach, or go over, the cap ceiling.  

Given that the Canucks continue to flounder, Covid financial losses, no playoff revenue, that sellouts are a thing of the past, his divorce and abuse allegations, etc.,  perhaps he would rather just ditch the contract instead of paying that bonus in the hopes of getting an extra 3rd round draft pick (or whatever the extra return may be).

In the end, it may be the only option to trade Myers, but if a trade comes along that allows the Canucks to deal him prior to the bonus payout, I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled the trigger. 

• There it is 1

9 minutes ago, thundernuts said:

I’m sure they do. The real question may be - Does Aquaman want to pay the $5 million bonus?

Historically, ownership has shown that they are willing to pay, and overpay, in order to try and reach, or go over, the cap ceiling.  

Given that the Canucks continue to flounder, Covid financial losses, no playoff revenue, that sellouts are a thing of the past, his divorce and abuse allegations, etc.,  perhaps he would rather just ditch the contract instead of paying that bonus in the hopes of getting an extra 3rd round draft pick (or whatever the extra return may be).

In the end, it may be the only option to trade Myers, but if a trade comes along that allows the Canucks to deal him prior to the bonus payout, I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled the trigger. 

Fingers crossed our owner is (now) keeping his snout out of hockey ops.  If he is directing JR to add sugar to Myers to move him in order to save the bonus money, then we are doomed. 

• elephant 1

10 hours ago, combover said:

Toronto - hey so what about Myers 

vancouver - sold, he’s on the plane. Click. 

can we interest you in oel too? 2 for 1 deal

Myers/oel gone would be addition by subtraction. They are both getting worse, are bottom d at best and i'd rather see abby guys get a real shot to develop. Brisbois looked steady earlier this season and they could evaluate others like juulsen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Fingers crossed our owner is (now) keeping his snout out of hockey ops.  If he is directing JR to add sugar to Myers to move him in order to save the bonus money, then we are doomed. 

Guess we do have that extra 1st round pick...

• Sad 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Spoiler alert: he’s isn’t keeping his snout out of hockey ops, and never will. 

• There it is 1
  • elephant 1

5 minutes ago, kodos said:

Spoiler alert: he’s isn’t keeping his snout out of hockey ops, and never will. 

He did allow the return for Bo to be futures. He might be listening (now) to JR, especially after his not allowing the coaching change to happen last summer and the mess that caused. 

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What if that first was used as the sugar to dumperoo OEL?

Even if we freed up his cap, we don't have anyone to replace him, unless Wolanin can make the jump. We could go the UFA route, but we might end up with another OEL. They better save the Isle 1st or fans may actually riot, myself included.

We're probably going to have to ride out OELs contract, which isn't the worst one to have to do that with. I still have hope for a fairly large resurgence from him.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

can we interest you in oel too? 2 for 1 deal

Myers/oel gone would be addition by subtraction. They are both getting worse, are bottom d at best and i'd rather see abby guys get a real shot to develop. Brisbois looked steady earlier this season and they could evaluate others like juulsen.

Agreed we should be in full liquidation mode.

Play the youth see what we have and build from there. 
losing now means winning in the future winning now means losing for the future.

the current plan and roster is a proven failure and it will only continue to fail. 

would an epic victory to move out Myers OEL miller garland boeser schenn and more load up on picks  and prospects 

further more grab a few bad contracts and more picks.

i remember when Sweeney sold off in Boston everyone thought he was nuts loading up on picks mean while dim jim was adding 30 year old ufas and trading picks… we now know who was nuts. 

we could do what Boston did that year he have the pieces to move and   seems  to have worked out pretty good for them. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Agreed we should be in full liquidation mode.

Play the youth see what we have and build from there. 
losing now means winning in the future winning now means losing for the future.

the current plan and roster is a proven failure and it will only continue to fail. 

would an epic victory to move out Myers OEL miller garland boeser schenn and more load up on picks  and prospects 

further more grab a few bad contracts and more picks.

i remember when Sweeney sold off in Boston everyone thought he was nuts loading up on picks mean while dim jim was adding 30 year old ufas and trading picks… we now know who was nuts. 

we could do what Boston did that year he have the pieces to move and   seems  to have worked out pretty good for them. 

Not liquidation mode specifically, we had a lot of talent, but we need to redistribute our lineup. We don't have the right mix here, but we do have enough core talent to compete.

• Upvote 1