The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Jester13 said:

He said they're his favourite ones and wishes we could always wear them. Said the boys all love them as well. 

I'm fully on the lock Miller up long term train. He is such a stud, such a leader, and someone I don't think we'd get enough in return for to male it worthwhile. He really sounded like he wants to win here. 

1000%

Real men wear black. 

Keep JT!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yes he's flipping me too.   Sure we might be able to get something to help later.   But he's helping right now and in a big way.   Also think his ego must be tough to not listen too... why wouldn't he stay and be the leader of this group?   Money maybe - and maybe because he'd rather be a Ranger who really knows.    Might as well just enjoy him for as long as he's here - the good (last nights game) - the bad (not much there but something i guess) and the ugly (him passing to other players in our own zone)...  Miller plays the game the right way.   Tough not to love that.   

Wasnt JT  traded from the Rags to Tampa? 

If a team ever gave up on me, only thing Id want to do with my former team is make them regret that decision every time I play them. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He said they're his favourite ones and wishes we could always wear them. Said the boys all love them as well. 

I'm fully on the lock Miller up long term train. He is such a stud, such a leader, and someone I don't think we'd get enough in return for to male it worthwhile. He really sounded like he wants to win here. 

Hes been good since he arrived but I think he's getting better and better. 

His shot looks even more dangerous this year. 

I would only trade him if we fall apart before the TDL amd the return is massive. Still under a great contract next year. 

Also was Taffoli even playing yesterday? The guy was invisible. He usually looks way better whenever he plays us. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Sure nice to see Horvat have a big game.   Wonder if that will hush some folks up...really nice to see our core going to work.   Nothing would make me happier then somehow making the playoffs and beating these bums and Sutter.    4-1 is trending in the right direction...also third crack at going 3 games above .500 was the charm ... 

Bo was vintage Bo last night. I've been super upset with him lately and this year, as he's been a huge passenger most nights. I've always believed in him, tho, as I know he can be a difference maker when he puts the effort in and leads by example. He's had a tendency this year to float off the ice and not backcheck very hard, but last night you could see his brain telling him to keep working hard, and he had one of his best games of the year. We need him so badly to show up every game like last night. 

27 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The first three Canuck goals were over Markstrom's right shoulder, do you think a former team knew his weak spot?

Those shots were absolute snipes, and I don't think anyone would've save them, except Demkooooohhhhhh, of course.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Definitely need to lock JT up long term. I really feel his leadership/playing style is what we need to drive the team, losing him would leave a big hole in our lineup. Plus the team just looks menacing in the Black Skate Jersey, goalies were too scared to make a save last night.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

The lopsided win came totally unexpected. 

We also hit a lot of posts and Markstrom got lucky with the puck hitting the knob of his stick a couple of times.

Just took a peek at the schedule. 

We need to go on a serious run. We have a relatively forgiving schedule for the next 11 games until TDL. 

If we are still not in the playoffs by then, it'll be really tough. 

The next 7 games after TDL are all against teams that are either in the playoffs or ranked higher than us including Eichel and the Knights 2x. 

We can easily go on a slide that ends our season during that stretch. 

Heres hoping we continue to play loke yesterday and dont take the foot off the pedal. 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Vintage 2

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I would only trade him if we fall apart before the TDL amd the return is massive. Still under a great contract next year. 

Also was Taffoli even playing yesterday? The guy was invisible. He usually looks way better whenever he plays us. 

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Monahan has completely disappeared from the NHL as far as I'm concerned. As for Toffoli, I said that contract would be an anchor for the Habs, and I think even they saw that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

The first three Canuck goals were over Markstrom's right shoulder, do you think a former team knew his weak spot?

Petey owned that spot 3 times last night, unfortunately hit the cross bar twice. Nice to see Petey get over the "big brother" loss and light Markstrom up in our barn like he deserves. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best game I can remember in a long time. So many glorious goals.  The black skate jerseys are fierce, they just look like a better, tougher team. I guess one way to nudge the Aquas towards changing them to these full time, is to stop buying the Orca products and only buy the black skate products. I think my next jersey is going to be a black skate #92 PODKOLZIN.  So nice.

I think Markstrom pulled himself from the game. He saw the big loss coming after letting in 3. He was probably concerned about his GAA and SV%. They threw the backup under the bus.

Can't stand that Tkachuk, chomping on his mouth guard. Karma would be nice, perhaps a puck in the mouth would learn him.

The PP is back

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

These Canucks are quite the team when EVERYONE in the core group and beyond decides to show up and play the full 60 minutes.  This may have been one of the best two complete games I've seen the Canucks play this season.  Hopefully this is what Canucks fans can expect to see down the stretch and into the future.  Playoffs are still a long shot, but at least there is hope.

I'm wondering if the Canucks have turned the corner...that is, have the Travis Green system knocked out them and the Bruce Boudreau system becoming second nature.  The Canucks, last night, looked like they were playing with both pace and quickness (especially on the PP), something that has been sorely lacking since the AV days.

I'm going to bet that behind the warm, engaging, friendly exterior we see from Bruce Boudreau, he's a no-nonsense, get the job done, tough-love, and make no excuses kind of man. Hope he gets extended beyond next season so he's not a lame duck coach on an expiring contract in 2022-23.

Honestly, the Flames looked slow last night.  I haven't watched any of  their previous 10 games, but is that how they've been playing??  You gotta think that was an off night for them coupled with a great effort by the key players on the Canucks... hence the blowout. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Since the coaching change, the Canucks are up there with the cup contending teams for most wins.

FMdDm2FVgAQc6Xg?format=jpg&name=medium

Its crazy to think that 5 of those losses came from the above teams when we were decimated with covid. Had we even won just 2 of those, we would be a top 3 team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1