The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Also:

#neverEVERtradeJTorELSE

I mean what would that say to the team when you trade the heartbeat of your team who clearly wants to be here? I could care less what pieces we could potentially get because I'd bet my life we lose any trade involving him while searching and failing to replace what he brings.

Lock him up and pay the man ffs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ferlands_Head said:

Gaudreau is like a pissed off infant, can't think of a game where this guy isn't crying to the refs. 

Honestly, and I say this with two young kids, 8 nieces and nephews, 30+ cousins in town who are all younger than me, pissed off infants are scarier than Johnny Gaudreau.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of crybabies...  :lol:

Wow, what a display of immaturity on the part of Calgary at the end.

Obviously this game shows that if this Canucks team can get some movement and speed into their PP passing they will score a lot.

This is what they used to do the first season EP was on the team... there was a lot more speed in the movement... that has disappeared since then.

If they can resurrect that quickness they will start to put goals into the net.

Overall I thought this was a Calgary team which was clearly full of themselves and arrogant... thought they just had to show up to win.

I am sure they got a rocket from Sutter in the dressing afterwords.

Only negative about the game was Demko didn't get his well deserved shutout... but he seemed happy enough.

Good for the fans... I think this will clear away a lot of the angst and bad feelings of the last few weeks.

3 pts out of the wild card spot.

5 pts out of the 3rd in Pacific.

Sure the other teams ahead of us have 2 games in hand but there are still 29 games to go.

Petey found his game again and he is making so many creative plays like we were all accustomed to in his first two seasons.

Miller is not only scoring consistently but he has also cut down on turnovers that he used to make.

Bo scored 2 goals tonights and played much better. It looked like he wanted to prove himself again.

Forget being sellers. With how strong we are in the middle and with Demko in net, I think Allvin needs to acquire an LD and maybe another forward to help the PK and push for the playoffs.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

You know, for all the abuse our defense takes in the media and with fans, overall, we're one of the better teams in the league, defensively.

OEL's defensive work is so underrated. And same with Hughes. They play smart defence.

And Hamonic's return has made it our right side more stable.

I would like a defensive defenceman to round out the left side. I don't dislike Brad Hunt, but we need someone better than him.

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Schenn

LD-Hamonic

I wish we re-signed Edler instead of signing Poolman to 4 years at 2.5 mil. We need someone like Edler but hopefully younger.

Maybe Robert Hagg from Buffalo?

• Cheers 1

I think its no coincidence that this team can take these kinds of leaps just as Petey is getting back to form. 

As Petey goes, so goes the team. With all due respect to JT.  But it seems like more team mates feed on Peteys performance. And when he's on his game, he involves everyone he's playing with and challenges and elevates them. Doing wonders with Hogz and Podz. As well as on the PP. 

• Vintage 3

1 minute ago, khay said:

OEL's defensive work is so underrated. And same with Hughes. They play smart defence.

And Hamonic's return has made it our right side more stable.

I would like a defensive defenceman to round out the left side. I don't dislike Brad Hunt, but we need someone better than him.

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Schenn

LD-Hamonic

I wish we re-signed Edler instead of signing Poolman to 4 years at 2.5 mil. We need someone like Edler but hopefully younger.

Maybe Robert Hagg from Buffalo?

Soucy would be nice from Seattle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

I think its no coincidence that this team can take these kinds of leaps just as Petey is getting back to form. 

As Petey goes, so goes the team. With all due respect to JT.  But it seems like more team mates feed on Peteys performance. And when he's on his game, he involves everyone he's playing with and challenges and elevates them. Doing wonders with Hogz and Podz. As well as on the PP. 

Petey's shot percentage is almost back up to what it was in previous years... little below 15% now.

Confidence... wrist healed... getting his timing back.  ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Vintage 1

52 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Had the Calgary feed tonight, unfortunately:  they were well down that road by the end of the game.  In any other game it would have been an indignity, but when we were sticking it to them that badly it just made it that much better.

I got stuck with their feed, too, but I turn it down low so I missed a lot of their stuff.  Fortunately :towel:

Near as I can tell, the only real beef they can have with the reffing was the missed call on Highmore's high stick on the Gnome.  I figured there'd be 4 mins (assuming there was blood), but then toss Andersson for instigating and the Lames get a 2 min PP.  Who knows, they might've got the shutout if that had happened, working harder to kill the 2 mins.