The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Feb. 24, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin is home sitting on the couch. Get him over here to finish off the season. 1M pro-rated. 

They're expecting another baby. Plus who knows where the ruble is going. 

thats a good point. If the major banking sanctions all go through, the ruble won't be worth much for a long time. But he seems like the stay at home type. 

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin is home sitting on the couch. Get him over here to finish off the season. 1M pro-rated. 

They're expecting another baby. Plus who knows where the ruble is going. 

wouldn't he have to clear waivers?

also, no. he doesn't want to be here. it's time (or rather it WAS time, a long, long time ago) to move on. 

10 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Can't we enjoy the moment without you $&!#ting on it?

The Canucks win% under Bruce has them right in the thick of the playoffs. Definitely not a Stanley Cup contender but a playoff team is what we are with the personnel we currently have. 

No we cant

enjoyment is overrated

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, BPA said:

11 games left before the March 21st trade deadline.

Hopefully they can win 7-8 games and maybe grab some loser points.

If we can 8-3 in those 11 games we might be close enough to a playoff spot that JR doesn’t make any moves. Or he makes a move or two to improve the team. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we can 8-3 in those 11 games we might be close enough to a playoff spot that JR doesn’t make any moves. Or he makes a move or two to improve the team. 

If we can't extend Motte I think we will trade him regardless.  Guys like Miller, Boeser, and Bo will be resolved over the summer.  If we do go 8 and 3.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we can't extend Motte I think we will trade him regardless.  Guys like Miller, Boeser, and Bo will be resolved over the summer.  If we do go 8 and 3.

I don’t think we trade Motte if we are in the middle of a playoff run. That wouldn’t make sense as our 4th line intact is one of the better ones in the league. Worst case scenario with Motte Is he turns into a free rental until the end of the season. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

4 hours ago, rekker said:

I'm a simple man, don't have much, but I have a dream. We play the Oilers last game of the year. I hope its winner takes a playoff spot, loser goes golfing, Demko et all takes it. To see that pout on McD's face would be the crowing point of the season. To see the Oilers fan base so sad, even better. To watch the Sportsnet-Rogers panel in shock, oh my.... rock my world.

I seldom partake in hating other fanbases but last night oiler fans reached a new douchy level.

Best one was when a guy named snipes said Demko was being wasted on our garbage of a team.

Really? Mcdrai are the two best offensive players in the world and have won 1 playoff round in 7 years. Talk about pot- kettle.

So ya I fully endorse that idea but the one change is us already locked in with the Oilers season depending on beating us.

My ticker doesn't want it coming down to the final game lol.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t think we trade Motte if we are in the middle of a playoff run. That wouldn’t make sense as our 4th line intact is one of the better ones in the league. Worst case scenario with Motte Is he turns into a free rental until the end of the season. 

Unless he is asking for the moon I think we should keep him after this season. 

It's nice having a 4th line that excels at their job opposed to one made up of tweeners being shoe-horned into the role.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I seldom partake in hating other fanbases but last night oiler fans reached a new douchy level.

Best one was when a guy named snipes said Demko was being wasted on our garbage of a team.

Really? Mcdrai are the two best offensive players in the world and have won 1 playoff round in 7 years. Talk about pot- kettle.

So ya I fully endorse that idea but the one change is us already locked in with the Oilers season depending on beating us.

My ticker doesn't want it coming down to the final game lol.

Let the Oilers charge to the playoffs,we can just sit back in stealth mode

• Cheers 1