The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday Feb 28 Vancouver Canucks (26-22-6) @ New Jersey Devils (18-29-5) 4:30 (our time) Prudential Center SNP TV & AM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Another player I want gone Tomorrow is Hamonic. He sucks. Doesn't play physical, and cant make a pass. 3 million wasted there. Burroughs is a way better player as is Schenn!

Dickinson can go too! We all know I hate Chaisson but I'd rather watch him than Dickinson 

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Are you guys sure if we get into the playoffs, we can make a long run? I mean, seriously?

With Demko you never know once your in. It’s a long shot but ya. Not very good odds sure but either way we aren’t going to be in a much better draft position. So yes I would love a round of playoffs 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

What is the process involved to have Martin as our backup? I am asking just because of the halak no movement clause bs 

you bring him up and have to carry 3 goalie and either send down bowey or giuseppe while hoping they dont' get claim on waiver 

6 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I think of it this way....your goalie only has x amount of career NHL starts before his hips go.

You want to use those games against New Jersey on a back to back? Sure, but you just burned a game. Back to backs increase risk of injury.

If your GM can't construct a team (whether it's a tendy or dman that passes to the right team) to compete against NJ, that's on the GM.

The Canucks could have done 1 of two things tonight...rest Demko or win.  NEITHER OF THESE ARE GONNA &^@#ING HAPPEN it's so disgusting.

Just now, Devron said:

With Demko you never know once your in. It’s a long shot but ya. Not very good odds sure but either way we aren’t going to be in a much better draft position. So yes I would love a round of playoffs 

Demko almost carried us past a stacked Vegas team. If we score 3-4 goals a game with Demko in net we have a good chance of winning most games.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, brilac said:

It went good. I wrote how wonderful I was and then I had to write about the not so good points about myself.  I finished it yesterday, read it a bunch of times, and submitted it.  

Gosh this Canucks game is so boring.  I ate chocolate instead to perk me up.  It's the Dove chocolates with the inspiring messages.

Right on I hated essays.

I might crank the whisky but considering it's Monday I'm trying to avoid.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

you bring him up and have to carry 3 goalie and either send down bowey or giuseppe while hoping they dont' get claim on waiver 

They have both cleared already and don’t yet require waivers again to be sent down. 

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Are you guys sure if we get into the playoffs, we can make a long run? I mean, seriously?

Four straight L’s if we squeak in and face either the Av’s, Knights, Blues or Wild. We might win one against the Flames or Oilers. It may be best if JR unloads salary and try again to be mediocre next year. 

• Sad 1

Just now, viking mama said:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up donuts….

Yeah, and I've been eating chips, pizza, dessert, drinking champagne, eating chocolates, Chipotle, and other delicious foods for the week.  I think tomorrow being March 1st, I may have some blueberries.  That'll balance it out.  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It’s the teams fault!

Apparently the D need to help him move across his crease and hold his leg up against the post for him.

Average goaltending it 2-0 in the first. 3-2 In the second. 

• Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It’s the teams fault!

Apparently the D need to help him move across his crease and hold his leg up against the post for him.

Did you watch the Islanders game? The Canucks had a front row seat. 

Just now, Rindiculous said:

The Canucks could have done 1 of two things tonight...rest Demko or win.  NEITHER OF THESE ARE GONNA &^@#ING HAPPEN it's so disgusting.

Yep that is the most frustrating part.

He should have been left in to get lit up for 9 or pulled after 3.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, dKs89 said:

Do you wish Halak made some saves especially on the last few goals, yes, but blaming him is ignoring the root cause. 

The last few goals, in addition to first few goals? Yes. I wish he'd made more than 8 saves on 14 shots.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I could have accidentally saved that many.

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

They have both cleared already and don’t yet require waivers again to be sent down. 

still wouldn't be ideal to run with minimum defenseman or minimum forwards just to bring a guy up that probably won't see the ice till at the very least the buffalo game 3 weeks away

• Cheers 1