The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday March 9 Montreal Canadians (15-34-7) @ Vancouver Canucks (28-23-6) Rogers Arena 7:30 pm Pacific Time (GMT-8) SNPTV & 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 hours ago, NHTyrany said:

It's perplexing. They are simply playing for their new coach. We need this more and should dominate in the drive and intensity department. The Nucks will slay the new coach honeymoon dragon in front of Burr and start ramping up the home record. Being easy to play against at home stops tonight and starts with our Captain setting the example.

First home game after a long road trip and a few days off is always a tough one. Just a voice of reason

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Habs are playing super good right now.  We are coming back from the east.  Will need Double Bubble Demko (40 saves at least) to come out with the win.  Alf’s crystal ball is showing all predictions in French these last couple days.  

I'm not one to count chickens and all but I feel the Habs are gonna get a reality check in the form of an old fashioned arss whooping.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

This is arguably the game that decides the season for the Canucks. The Habs have been on a run recently with St. Louis behind the bench. If the Canucks lose, I wouldn't be surprised to see the dominoes fall and moves start to take place leading up to the TDL and beyond. The Washington game is a bye IMO (as in winning or losing is relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things as they are a decent team), and Tampa will likely start Elliot on Sunday as Vasi will likely be playing the night before vs McDavid and co. New Jersey has had our number over the years, but by that time there should already be a commitment one way or another of the team's overall direction. 

I will remain optimistic and say the Canucks win 5-2, so long as they can limit Caufield to a point or two and our forward group takes advantage of a relatively weak Goalie tandem. 

Go Canucks Go!

28 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

First home game after a long road trip and a few days off is always a tough one. Just a voice of reason

Yes, this reality has been gnawing at me and I'm sure many others, including BB. It will be a great test to see what the team does despite the adversity.  I mean, it's your home rink, show the world it's not a fun place for the opposition.  GCG

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, therodigy said:

This is arguably the game that decides the season for the Canucks. The Habs have been on a run recently with St. Louis behind the bench. If the Canucks lose, I wouldn't be surprised to see the dominoes fall and moves start to take place leading up to the TDL and beyond. The Washington game is a bye IMO (as in winning or losing is relatively inconsequential in the grand scheme of things as they are a decent team), and Tampa will likely start Elliot on Sunday as Vasi will likely be playing the night before vs McDavid and co. New Jersey has had our number over the years, but by that time there should already be a commitment one way or another of the team's overall direction. 

I will remain optimistic and say the Canucks win 5-2, so long as they can limit Caufield to a point or two and our forward group takes advantage of a relatively weak Goalie tandem. 

Go Canucks Go!

I think it's more the entire homestand that will tell us where the team is. Really, anything less than 5 and 2 over the 7 games will be a step back. It's a tall order, but that is where they are at. 

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

Martin with the shut out against the Marlies.

3-0

It was a good game, Abby looked real good, especially their PP. Martin with the shutout, the Marlies weren't going to win this game. Seeing as it was in TOR, the Leafs scouts may have been watching Spencer, he was very good with whatever he faced.

2 hours ago, Silent Man said:

True, but if we want to be a good team we have to start winning some of the tough ones.  No team in today's NHL is a pushover so we have to learn to give a maximal effort every game.  I know that's a new concept for the Canucks but it's what we need to do.  I still like our chances.  GCG!

• Vintage 1