The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Alflives said:

Sure, great goalies in this era stop pucks at .880

Demko would say he needs to be better.  

So fixed on the Save percentage. So if Washington shot 3 more times from the blueline and Demko saved them, he would have had a much more respectable game?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Maybe you shouldn’t post if you get upset enough to say to people they aren’t true fans and trolls. That’s such a cop out to shut people up. This board is meant to share your thoughts freely. It isn’t meant for only positive thoughts and posts.

Do you have anger issues?

https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/wellness-module/wellness-module-5-anger-management

(Rhetorical question) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes he’s been great but there is a reason Demko has to be on all the time. The D isn’t great. They aren’t that physical. Your kidding yourself if you think he’s a third or fourth pairing dman. He’s not at this point in his career. Typical Canucks fans who just fall in love with players who do their job but they aren’t amazing.   He’s playing his role well that’s all but he’s not a top dman.

Who said he’s a top d man? He’s a bottom pair guy who is doing his job and provides great value for what he gets paid with the elements he brings to the game.  Imho there are other d men up the ladder that can be improved on- it’s a head scratcher why you are picking on him. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gotta' relax. Still have 23 games to sort this out. Great to pick up a pt here.

Could have been a shutout loss. The boys rallied. Shows the character of the team. Keeps the momentum going and doesn’t hurt to get knocked down a point knowing that they are going to have to be ready for Sunday 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

So fixed on the Save percentage. So if Washington shot 3 more times from the blueline and Demko saved them, he would have had a much more respectable game?

Alf is usually a fan of this team except demko for some reason. 

I honestly have no idea why

24 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

The Canucks are missing a big, mean, physical defensive dman that’s scares other players. Hits hard. It’s so easy to get to the net. I can’t remember the last one we had.

Erik Gudbranson.  You know, the guy that everyone ran out of town.  Just like everyone wants to run Tyler Myers out of town.  For whatever reason, Canucks fans clamor for big, physical d-men, and once one arrives, they can't run them out of town fast enough.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Slegr said:

Like I said, if you look over the course of the year. These 3-5 day breaks have been hard for Demko. Throws his rhythm off m. He will get it back. He could be tired but I think it’s these breaks.

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

That’s ok. I will survive. 

Sure be hyper critical of parts of our game, or certain players, when it’s goaltending (.882) that is the biggest reason for the loss.  If Demko is .920, like we know he should be, then we win.  That’s fact. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

One of the captains eh? 

Nice to have leadership. Before controversy starts, I don't care if that was Miller or Horvat or OEL etc. What I care about is how the guys responded. There is no locker room issues. Horvat responds by scoring 2, Miller keeps his streak going

• Like 2

I've gotta check out before I get myself in trouble. 

Love my team, they showed great resilience and determination. Wasn't to be but the image of OVI sliding on his back whining at the refs shows who the better team is. Suck it up princess.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

There’s a reason why .915 is the key number in this era.  .880 isn’t going to win much.