The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Hampus Lindholm, Kodie Curran to Bruins for John Moore, Urho Vaakanainen, 2022 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick, 2024 2nd-round pick

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You pick the one 2nd rounder of maybe two we’ve had success with in the last 10 years…:lol:

70% playing and NHL game doesn’t mean they’re regular NHLers. Might wanna check how many play 100, 200, or even 300 plus games. Spoiler it’s not that much.

And that is exaclty why when rebuilding or wanting to stay consistently good we need lots of picks.  The more the better.  Benning was really bad for trading away picks, especially first and second rounders.  He's get them and then send them off for a guy that was more along in age, but was craperolla on the ice.  Beartchi and Vey for examples.  Never winning with that kind of philosophy.  And it appears our owner has again stepped in and is refusing to allow any trades to help make a better future.  How can such a smart business man be so stupid understanding hockey opps?

I think we're seeing such big hauls because of cap changes rather than the players. Anaheim taking 50% of the cap and a dump as well, that's got to be why the picks are so high. Good teams are paying in picks for other teams to eat cap. This is the first year we're seeing it so much and it's a very clever way to get a good player on a high cap squeezed into a tight contending team.

Still a big haul for a defenceman who's never cracked 40 points but he's a sound top 4 D man who will probably resign and stay a Bruin for a while.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Great my Income Tax refund should pay my grocery bill tomorrow. Lol. 

Never thought of that. Now that you mention it I’m really noticing the trend. Gotta hand it to Boston.  this isn’t just a deadline acquisition for the playoffs but he should factor in to their plans long-term as well.

• Cheers 1

Pat Verbeek not messing about, stockpiling picks and prospects to support his young core.  Meanwhile, Jim Rutherford and Patrick Allvin are spending 12 hours a day, begging for permission from ownership to see if they can make trades to fix this mess of a team.

Makes you wonder...