The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ducks trade Nicolas Deslauriers to Wild for 2023 3rd-round pick

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Ducks quick re tool, have surpassed the ever re tooling Canucks.  

three management groups and same philosophy.  Gillis was right in retooling the core with the Twins and Kesler and luongo.  He did a masterful job with it.  But when he told the owner it was time to rebuild the owner fired him and hired Benning.  A GM who would follow the owner's plan to retool and try for playoff games.  Now JR comes in and states immediately we need to take a step back so we can build a consistent winner.  The owner sounds like he's on board with that plan.  Then BB coaches the team to a good record, and our owner changes what he wants.  He's back to forgetting about the plan to become a consistently better team and holds any important (and much needed) trades.  

IMHAO, our owner is preventing any big trades, especially with Miller.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

three management groups and same philosophy.  Gillis was right in retooling the core with the Twins and Kesler and luongo.  He did a masterful job with it.  But when he told the owner it was time to rebuild the owner fired him and hired Benning.  A GM who would follow the owner's plan to retool and try for playoff games.  Now JR comes in and states immediately we need to take a step back so we can build a consistent winner.  The owner sounds like he's on board with that plan.  Then BB coaches the team to a good record, and our owner changes what he wants.  He's back to forgetting about the plan to become a consistently better team and holds any important (and much needed) trades.  

Not sure JR, would allow Aquaman to tarnished his reputation ?  Anyways there is a good chance, it is known in the small circle of NHL executives, what kind of owner Aquaman is. 

I get it cause Aquaman, has been the one constant, since Gillis.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, I guess ANA knows that playoffs are doubtful (like the Canucks), and they're actually doing things to improve their future. What a concept. 

Oh, someone should tell Rutherford the deadline is over now. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

A lot of variables there and a lot of speculation but I actually agree that is likely what has and is happening. 

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm convinced our owner gets in the way of making important asset building trades.  

Keep in mind they are not trading away core pieces. I don’t think we’re in a comparable position as the rumours that keep coming up involve our best player or members of our young core. Anaheim losing these two player doesn’t greatly affect their chances either way of making the playoffs

18 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I would have 100% paid a 3rd for this guy.  he IS the deterrent we have been looking for to back up Petey and Hughes from being abused on the ice.

He'd be a great 4th liner for us. 

Have him out with Petey and Hoggy at 5 on 5, playing 4th line minutes.  Throw Petey out on the PP and the PK and he'll get his 20 mins/game. 

21 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, I guess ANA knows that playoffs are doubtful (like the Canucks), and they're actually doing things to improve their future. What a concept. 

So far this new management team seems pretty much like the last bunch of rookies afraid to make a move.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thrago said:

So far this new management team seems pretty much like the last bunch of rookies afraid to make a move.

Sometimes I wonder if Allvin is in over his head here 

unique situation - tons of assets 

head is probably spinning on how to approach this that will not lead to failure 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

We shouldve picked him up.  A 3rd is a steal for him.  Cant believe anaheim let him go.   Losing manson too.  That team is looking soft.

Being a divisional rival it'd likely have cost us more

Both were pending ufa's they likely knew weren't coming back, getting assets was the smart play

Man - their 1st round opponent (likely St. Louis or Nashville) is going to have to deal with Foligno, Greenway, and now Deslauriers.

Minny might not win that series, but they are sure going to soften up whoever they play for round 2.