The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (20-26) 2022

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, mll said:

Pesce lost his cool because Namestnikov went for a hit and lifted his elbow to get him in the head.

F him.  He's a punk.  He will get his.  And that will be a bye bye knee.  Chicken play by a coward player.  

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Classy move by the Oilers to give Ben Stelter, a five-year-old fan battling cancer, a post-game interview.

Five years old battling cancer

Life is cruel sometimes, hopefully he beats it 

• Huggy Bear 2

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf really likes Makar.  Yes he's got lots of skill, but he's not a punk.  Likeable guy who isn't a punk ass loser piece of sh*t like so many elite guys.  Not naming any names, MATTHEWS!

He's a helluva talent

Better than Hughes 

• Haha 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

He's a helluva talent

Better than Hughes 

Lots of players are bette than Jack "I am not a center" Hughes.  Heck old Alfer on his scooter is a better center than Jack "don't hit me" Hughes the little baby whiner.  

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lots of players are bette than Jack "I am not a center" Hughes.  Heck old Alfer on his scooter is a better center than Jack "don't hit me" Hughes the little baby whiner.  

I meant Quinn, and I like Quinn.

Until Hughes can improve on that shot of his he lacks a key piece of Makar's offensive arsenal. Makar has a much more dangerous toolbox. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I meant Quinn, and I like Quinn.

Until Hughes can improve on that shot of his he lacks a key piece of Makar's offensive arsenal. Makar has a much more dangerous toolbox. 

Makar is awesome.  He's a bit soft, but I do like him as a player.  He could learn to pass the puck though. Quinn passes better.  Josi and Hedman are the best and by a lot.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Makar is awesome.  He's a bit soft, but I do like him as a player.  He could learn to pass the puck though. Quinn passes better.  Josi and Hedman are the best and by a lot.

I'd agree that Quinn passes better, but I'd rather have a player who's great at shooting and passing than one who's just great at shooting.

That being said, I like Quinn and we're lucky to have him. I just think Makar is currently better.

But yeah, Josi and Hedman are still better imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Habs three playoff round wins last year are more than the Leafs have had since @brilac has been alive!  :lol:

haha, maybe next year.  Next year will be great, and maybe I can get that CH tattoo I always wanted.  That stays on forever! 

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

No guarantees we would have drafted him with that pick.

But Benning is a master drafter :bigblush:

But yes you are right at the same time I just find this whole situation funny. Think about it all the trades Benning made in his first few seasons he lost

Forsling / Clendenning he lost

McCann / Gudbransson he lost

Bärtschi / 2nd round pick even that he lost

Like the odds of getting an impact player in the 2nd round is quite low so it's just hilarious dispite the odds Benning got the better deal getting Bärtschi for a 2nd and all the randomness and improbability in that round (mid-late 2nd round)... He still lost :lol:

Edited by iinatcc