The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | March (20-26) 2022

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, mll said:

His numbers compared to Makar's:  

He's definitely upped his game over this last stretch

Makar is a phenomenal talent for his age, but there's still an element of "&^@# you" to my wanting him to lose 

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

He's definitely upped his game over this last stretch

Makar is a phenomenal talent for his age, but there's still an element of "&^@# you" to my wanting him to lose 

Makar also gets hard carried by Mackinnon and the Avs just by watching last nights game.  Not saying he's bad, he's good he made Hughes break his ankles, but besides that straight line skating ability and his shot, he doesn't really have much more going for him.  His passing is average at best, his defense is ok, but not Norris caliber compared to a guy like Josi who like Hughes is a one man breakout juggernaut.

• Upvote 1

Man, cannot believe Carolina found a way to lose that game when Dallas had just 15 shots. They really did such a poor job defending either of those 1 goal leads they had, how do you give up prime grade A scoring chances within a minute of having the lead two times in a row?

6 hours ago, Rindiculous said:

Makar also gets hard carried by Mackinnon and the Avs just by watching last nights game.  Not saying he's bad, he's good he made Hughes break his ankles, but besides that straight line skating ability and his shot, he doesn't really have much more going for him.  His passing is average at best, his defense is ok, but not Norris caliber compared to a guy like Josi who like Hughes is a one man breakout juggernaut.

If Makar and Josi were the same age I wouldn't have to hesitate, I'd take Josi. Short of fighting, which I wouldn't want my #1D doing anyway, he does it all. 

Edited by Coconuts

34 minutes ago, ForestFalcon said:

Man, cannot believe Carolina found a way to lose that game when Dallas had just 15 shots. They really did such a poor job defending either of those 1 goal leads they had, how do you give up prime grade A scoring chances within a minute of having the lead two times in a row?

They had the exact same game vs the Rags this week. Outshot the Rags crazy but lost. 

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is what a one-sided fight looks like.

first that linesman should be fired for not protecting a player.  That was an attack and not a fight.  The attacking guy should get suspended.  I would expect he gets run and (likely) injured his next game against Dallas (whenever that will be)  Very chickens**t move by a cowardly player.  He's going to get run and often.  

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is what a one-sided fight looks like.

I say either get rid of the third man in rule or get rid of fighting altogether (i.e. auto suspensions).  

If you're a proponent of fighting, and you want to go after other players that clearly aren't interested in a fight, then someone else should be able to jump in and protect the other guy.  The refs are useless, plus I don't think it should be their job to stand between those punches anyways. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Dekey Pete said:

I say either get rid of the third man in rule or get rid of fighting altogether (i.e. auto suspensions).  

If you're a proponent of fighting, and you want to go after other players that clearly aren't interested in a fight, then someone else should be able to jump in and protect the other guy.  The refs are useless, plus I don't think it should be their job to stand between those punches anyways. 

What needs to happen is a goon on the Dallas team grabs and pounds a soft guy on the attacker's team.  And it's done every time a skilled soft guy comes on the ice.  He gets jumped and beaten.  If injuries mount, which they will, then so be it.  The Carolina guy's teammates aren't going to be supportive of his attacking guys if they are getting jumped too.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

first that linesman should be fired for not protecting a player.  That was an attack and not a fight.  The attacking guy should get suspended.  I would expect he gets run and (likely) injured his next game against Dallas (whenever that will be)  Very chickens**t move by a cowardly player.  He's going to get run and often.  

Pesce lost his cool because Namestnikov went for a hit and lifted his elbow to get him in the head.