The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Maple Leafs trade Travis Dermott to Canucks for 2022 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I thought the entire point of this trade was to ensure Hunt never plays another shift here.

you'd have better luck prying michael chaput out of the lineup in 2017. bruce will continue riding hunt like he's hedman. 

Just now, tas said:

you'd have better luck prying michael chaput out of the lineup in 2017. bruce will continue riding hunt like he's hedman. 

Ideally management would step in and force the issue by putting Hunt in the AHL where he should have been all season long.

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Ideally management would step in and force the issue by putting Hunt in the AHL where he should have been all season long.

no honestly he's what you expect out of the 7-8 defencemen but in this fan base we see that being realistic is not always happening ...we see different guys to whip each year... 

1 minute ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

no honestly he's what you expect out of the 7-8 defencemen but in this fan base we see that being realistic is not always happening ...we see different guys to whip each year... 

I expect a defencemen who can play defence.

5 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Not here.  I just want to keep beating on the dead horse Loui E r i k s s o n.  And Radim Vrbata.  And now, Jaroslav Halak.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

Watched the post-trade interview with Travis from the Canucks org.  Love this kid!  He'll do fantastic things for us, I'm sure.  Just needed a reset. 

He's going to really like having Demko.  He's never had a goalie like that behind him and that will be huge to his confidence.  I 100% believe Dermott is going to looked back on as a key aquisition to our future success.  We will look back and say he was a steal and Dubas was a dumbass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Are you suggesting we clone these men together somehow? 

That's splicing not cloning, and can get quite messy with animals, as compared with vegetables (unless it is Virtanen the Vegetable, and in that case it was done before we drafted him).

• Haha 1

Dermott - Hunt

This might actually be pretty good. I know Hunt gets some heat around  here, but he's a decent Dman. He'll sacrifice himself for the team and makes some smart plays.  I'm looking forward to seeing Dermott out there in the blue and green. Just a hunch, but I'm thinking he might be feeling really good about his new surroundings and he'll flourish.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

One problem is fixable.  One isn't.  I'd rather let Juulsen get more icetime, preferably with a partner who is an actual NHL quality player instead of Hunt.  Pairing him with a massive defensive liability is setting him up to fail.

I'm wondering if Juulson doens't process the game quickly enough?  He's got the size and skills, but he's slow to process.  Hopefully he can learn. 

42 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I thought the entire point of this trade was to ensure Hunt never plays another shift here.

With Mr Hunt, one thinks of the famous Norwegian, Munch painting, "The Scream". The classic also depicts my usual expression, watching our team's panicky, drunken, fire-drill in their own end.

It's been a patchwork-D, who've(mostly) held up fairly well, thanks to an amazing 'tender. Off-season, we know what they need to address.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if Juulson doens't process the game quickly enough?  He's got the size and skills, but he's slow to process.  Hopefully he can learn. 

Juulsen was really bad last game, but I'm giving him a pass on that one. The previous games he's played for us he's looked fine most of the time but with 1-2 brutal mistakes each game, which is not uncommon for younger D:s  but stiill concerning. He does have skill and the physical traits, so I agree that it's probably hockey IQ and processing that are the question marks. Hope he gets some games down the stretch so we can find out what we have in him, if he gets adjusted he could be a really cheap reliable 3RD which is something we'll need after Myers and Schenn are gone.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1