The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[3-Way Trade] Hurricanes acquire Max Domi, Tyler Inamoto; Panthers acquire Egor Korshkov, 2022 6th-round pick; Blue Jackets acquire Aiden Hreschuk

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Is Domi a UFA this off-season? Because if he is, I would not mind having him as a Canuck for a decent contract. 

I am  not so sure we have the type of team where he would excel buuuuut on the other hand maybe thats more the problem with our team. We need some poop disruptors. Garland is a start Lockwood gets under guys skin too. We need to play fast and feisty. We don't need to goon it up but we do need to bring back the embrace the hate mantra. I would like to see us go after guys like Carrick, Brendan Lemieux, Hendrix Lapierre, Oliver Wallstedt, Will Cuylle, Marco Rossi, Jake Neighbors, Klim Kosten, 

We are a team that on paper should have an elite PP we need start getting more of them. 

Time being I'd certainly be extending a contract offer to Domi's camp. 

Miller Pete Podkolzin 

Domi Bo Garland With these 2 pissing everyone off all the time Bo is gonna have to get harder cuz its gonna get rowdy out there. 

Pearson Lammi Nils Lammiko seems to be ready to play with more skilled players and take on a greater role. 5v5 this should be a great utility line.

Lemieux Carrick Lockwood Absolute crap disturbing line. 

Out Brock Dickinson get that country club $#!T outa here. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

I am  not so sure we have the type of team where he would excel buuuuut on the other hand maybe thats more the problem with our team. We need some poop disruptors. Garland is a start Lockwood gets under guys skin too. We need to play fast and feisty. We don't need to goon it up but we do need to bring back the embrace the hate mantra. I would like to see us go after guys like Carrick, Brendan Lemieux, Hendrix Lapierre, Oliver Wallstedt, Will Cuylle, Marco Rossi, Jake Neighbors, Klim Kosten, 

We are a team that on paper should have an elite PP we need start getting more of them. 

Miller Pete Podkolzin 

Domi Bo Garland With these 2 pissing everyone off all the time Bo is gonna have to get harder cuz its gonna get rowdy out there. 

Pearson Lammi Nils Lammiko seems to be ready to play with more skilled players and take on a greater role. 5v5 this should be a great utility line.

Would not mind Lemieux. That guy reminds me of Matt Cooke to some degree. 

20 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Is Domi a UFA this off-season? Because if he is, I would not mind having him as a Canuck for a decent contract. 

If the price is right.

7 hours ago, hammertime said:

Miller Pete Podkolzin 

Wanted Lemieux on this team for the last couple of years. Also agree, need to bring back the embrace the hate mantra. Need to be that team that other teams hate playing against again. The current Wild team has done a good job of that. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

should always be the case. 

What do you think Domi will go for the off-season? His current cap hit is 5.3 million based on cap friendly unless I’m seeing it wrong. I can see Domi excelling with Bo and Garland but I don’t think we will have the money for him.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

What do you think Domi will go for the off-season? His current cap hit is 5.3 million based on cap friendly unless I’m seeing it wrong. I can see Domi excelling with Bo and Garland but I don’t think we will have the money for him.

My guess is Domi will get 4.5-5 mil. Maybe more on a contract for 3 years or less.

Would like him on our team but at 27 and at that price I'm not sure he's a good fit. Also 0.3 ppg in his only playoffs. Small sample but still raises questions.

His contract will of course also depend on how he's deployed and how he performs in the playoffs this year. Nice pickup by the canes.

16 hours ago, hammertime said:

Miller Pete Podkolzin 

As per Cap Friendly

Max Domi's salary is $6,000,000 and his cap hit is $5,300,000 for the 2021-22 season. He is a 27 year old left wing who was born on Mar. 2, 1995. He was drafted 12th overall by the Arizona Coyotes in the 1st round of the 2013 entry draft. He has signed 3 contracts worth a total value of $21,175,000. Over a career that spans 7 seasons (with at least 1 NHL GP), he has a total 307 Pts in 484 GP, and 3 playoffs Pts in 10 GP. He will be a UFA at the end of the 2021-22 season when he is 27 years old.”

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

not interested at domi he'll be looking at 5+.. for a guy that can't even break 10 goals his last 2 season playing in a top 6.. and it's not like columbus top 6 is talentless that's why he couldnt score

I'd be okay with signing him on a prove it contract. But under 4.5 with little term. Any more and I'm out. 

He would be our best LW if he was signed (offensively).

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, J-P said:

My guess is Domi will get 4.5-5 mil. Maybe more on a contract for 3 years or less.

Would like him on our team but at 27 and at that price I'm not sure he's a good fit. Also 0.3 ppg in his only playoffs. Small sample but still raises questions.

His contract will of course also depend on how he's deployed and how he performs in the playoffs this year. Nice pickup by the canes.

Ya at that price it’s a no for me. I still think he would be a good fit here, just not at that price though. I did like that idea of brining in a guy like Lemieux. Miss being that team everyone hated.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

I'd be okay with signing him on a prove it contract. But under 4.5 with little term. Any more and I'm out. 

lol someone will pay him over 5.. he ain't gonna sign no prove it deal short terms with van.. there will be plenty of teams lined up if he's signing for under 4.5.. and vancouver would be in no position to sign him at anything unless boeser garland or whomever from the core is moved before july 1st as we simply have no cap space.. or you could sign him an go over the cap while other teams offer you peanuts for players on ur roster trying to get under the cap. 

Just think that Seattle could've taken Domi from the expansion draft.

Just think that they took Bayreuther instead, who they let walk for free.

Just think there are people who think Seattle did fine in the expansion draft. :lol:

11 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I think he might get his 'prove it' chance in Carolina right now. If he has a decent run I wouldn't be surprised if he got a similar contract to what he's on now - maybe just under 5

On 3/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I remember back when we were proposing Jake and a pick (2 or 3) for Domi so he could reunite with Bo lol. Now we could be looking at getting Domi for peanuts if he underwhelms the rest of the season on a stacked team.  

Sounds like a decent deal to me. I would trade Jake and a third for Domi…might want a little retention to even up the cap though lol.