The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Wednesday March 30/22 St Louis Blues (36-20-9) @ Vancouver Canucks (32-27-9) Rogers Arena 7:00 SPNTV & 650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Just now, stawns said:

as soon as you put your free hand on the puck carrier it gets called every time, almost without fail.  It's one of the things that has turned me off NHL hockey, in general.

I've seen them 'miss' a ton of calls when the guy grabbing his opponent. If he's reaching in/around then I understand but Podz didn't look to be reaching around there, he was behind & looked like he was cementing body position (maybe I need a 2nd look). The inconsistency of it is annoying. If you really looked for similar things I'm sure you could find 50 penalties a game. 

All they needed to do is play conservative for the rest of the second and not take any penalties. Then they go into the third with a 2-1 lead.

This team just doesn’t have the maturity to be patient. They get the lead and then start trying fancy low percentage plays again which isn’t what put them in that position.

Like Bruce said, this team isn’t good enough to be arrogant. And that’s exactly what they were with the ridiculous Pettersson turnover.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mikeyman109 said:

They look gassed. That short handed goal the guy skated away from Hughes.  Not much left in Demkos  tank either.

just not quite good enough to win enough to get in the playoffs. The Green staff killed all hope of making it. 

If they're gassed, they're not conditioned enough. Inexcusable. You get paid MILLIONS to be in shape and ready. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1