The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 30, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

46 minutes ago, Devron said:

Well they’ve both been scoring 

Yes they have and it's ok while Pete is recovering full strength in his wrist.  I just don't want to

see Dixy playing C any more than what absolutely necessary.  Whatever 'greatness' he played

in Dallas, was apparently as a LW. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yes they have and it's ok while Pete is recovering full strength in his wrist.  I just don't want to

see Dixy playing C any more than what absolutely necessary.  Whatever 'greatness' he played

in Dallas, was apparently as a LW. 

Yeah. Nice to see Lammikko back at center. I much prefer him there than LW. As for Dickinson, well there is more to him than he’s shown thus far but you are right he’s most certainly a winger that can fill in a Center during injuries etc. Now when Richardson comes back, Petan can sit and we have a manageable bottom 6.

We need depth bad. Say what we will about Benning but he was bang on about bottom 6 players and how they help your team. Problem is. You can’t overpay for them like he did. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

2 hours ago, Devron said:

Yeah. Nice to see Lammikko back at center. I much prefer him there than LW. As for Dickinson, well there is more to him than he’s shown thus far but you are right he’s most certainly a winger that can fill in a Center during injuries etc. Now when Richardson comes back, Petan can sit and we have a manageable bottom 6.

We need depth bad. Say what we will about Benning but he was bang on about bottom 6 players and how they help your team. Problem is. You can’t overpay for them like he did. 

It's very ironic that his 12 million payroll left - but if our PK was average throughout the year - we'd likely be in the show or right there now. 

• Cheers 1

Coach B's biggest mistake this season is not adding some more toughness to the lineup these last chunk of games. 

Schenn can't do everything. Teams are finding our weaknesses and attacking them on the boards and on the forecheck. Especially now when teams and refs are getting into playoff mode. 

You guys need to reflect, that are sore that the team lost.  

It looks like the team and Demko are running out of gas.  It’s a hard run to recover from any deficit in this league, especially the one to start this year.  

are they mathematically done? Idk, would I put any money on them, nope, but my life is in dire shape, so five bucks isn’t much of a bet. 

but there are teams in front that have struggled terribly at times and don’t have solid goaltending.   One injury away from next season too.  

this team cannot get there alone, but if Edmonton falters in net or another wildcard team, things can change dramatically. 

If this loss is as bad as those think, go out and help someone else, you don’t have real problems. 

Edited by Phat Fingers
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 1